E-cig

"They might kill you," she says before she can think twice.

"What the fuck," is his reflex reply to the shadow of a 15 year old boy who suddenly appeared next to him at the curb across the pub.

"You know I was passing by, I was not going to stop but I saw this e-cig shit and this shitty fuckers make me so angry lately for some reason. Do you know high schoolers are using these non-stop now? Kids have died, I hear. It's hard to understand this... I mean, I still do some smoking and did a lot more back in the day but these things are so bad for your lungs... even more than that poison I used to inhale." She says at the same time she removes her hoodie and pulls the cap of her hat up a little, making her face more visible.

He locks his big eyes on her form, finally recognizing.

"Kris, so crazy to meet you here like this." He smiles and goes to pull her for a hug, but hesitates and stops two feet away.

"Indeed, I had a couple of beers with friends here, I like this place, so down to earth. I was requesting a car now. You?" She wants the conversation flowing, and to stop the fidgeting she goes back to her hat, now removing it completely. She messes with the blond tips of her hair a bit, pushing it all to one side then the other, tucking the longer part in front behind one ear.

He watches and for a moment her hair pulling and moving is just as hypnotic as it used to be.

15 year old boy? What was he thinking? She's gorgeous.

"Rob?" Since he hasn't replied she inquires again.

"Yeah, yeah... no. I'm here, was here meeting with the guys, we're discussing a new project." He pulls a drag of the damn e-cig even though he already noticed it pisses her off.

He blows the smoke and some of it floats to where she stands three feet away.

"Damn, these smell good don't they? Not a surprise kids are into this. Smells sweet." She breathes the last words as if she's smoking too.

"Want a drag?" He offers knowing the answer. The prospect of having her lips there on his device is for some reason an image to behold.

"Not worth to die for." Is what she says. And he couldn't agree more.

"You know what? This project we were here to discuss... we ended up drinking and catching up but Eddie never came, he's here from London and went straight to my place. We're all heading there now to meet him. You should come. You'd like it. The project."

He proposes a new destination that would provoke turbulence on her calm, laid back night. At the same time his group pulls around the curb on a black SUV.

They lower down the back window and she sees Andrew and Tom in the car. It's indeed a reunion.

"Hey guys!" She waives and gets back to the tall Brit in front of her. "I don't know, Rob... what do you mean?"

"The project is just a draft for now, Eddie is full of ideas, you should hear them. Come to my place, you can come with us." He opens the door and gets in, sits down and offers a hand waiting for her decision.

She looks at him and to the floor, thinking for two seconds and not one more. What the heck.

She takes his hand and feels all her surface react to that. Goosebumps go from the arms to the back of her bare thighs. What a great day to wear tiny jean shorts.

"Man, the car is packed!" Says one of the voices inside the car. Indeed Rob took the last sit, but he doesn't let go of her hand. He simply pulls her down to sit on his lap.

"That was never a problem before. I don't see one now." He says to whoever complained and looks up to the beautiful skinny blond, his eyes asking for her approval.

She smiles shyly and tries to move from the subject.

"So, you're all working together then? Is that right?" She questions the back seat, where Tom and Andrew are.

"You know when professional soccer players want to fool with a ball on a muddy square somewhere and don't even want to count the goals?" Tom asks.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," she laughs at the image though.

"You know, just having fun with something that was supposed to be fun in the first place, but gets so serious and expensive and controlled all the sudden. You know what I'm talking about, Kris."

"Sure, sure. I get the idea. Even indie movies these days involve a serious budget and things get very serious very quickly, you're right." She likes the serious topics though. She has been working on white privilege and more recently on gun control.

But even for a silly project and a large boring budget she would love to work with any of these guys again. With Rob too, and specially him.

And it's his time to talk. It is as if they're taking turns trying to convince her, which is silly. His voice is low, as he is right there, their faces so close to each other.

"I know your schedule must be crazy..."

"... not as much as yours," she interrupts before she can stop herself.

He smiles. She's been following. Good.

"I think that's one more reason to do this muddy soccer playing thing that Eddie is bringing up. A movie with professionals that will look like an amateur play. At least we hope it will be fun and laid back."

She could certainly find time for fun and laid back in her life.

"Sure, let's hear Ed," she says. Rob smiles and the whole Brit pack loudly celebrates.

"Yeah!"

She can't help but smile back.

/////
Ok, this is a silly idea that I decided to register as a way of diversion from what I should be doing (working). Lol
I'm thinking about 3 parts total including their group creative brainstorm and things might get um, frisky between our favorite couple back at his place.
Not sure when I'll update so make sure to save/set alert or something if you think it will be worthy.