Part 3

When Anya arrived in her apartment, Fleur was already busy preparing their dinner

When Anya arrived in her apartment, Fleur was already busy preparing their dinner. She liked to cook and she always made sure Anya ate well, too well sometimes. And whenever Anya protested, she would gladly remind Anya that she was there under strict instructions from Anya's mother to be her lady"s companion, to take care for Anya's well-being, just like Fleur's mother took care Anya's mother. She said it had been over generations that her family worked as a companion to the ladies of D'Orleans, Anya's father family, and she was proud to continue the tradition.

"What smells good?" Anya asked and threw herself in a sofa in front of TV. She switched the TV on but her mind was not really in to it. The three-bedroom apartment they lived in was spacious and equipped with some beautiful furniture and a modern kitchen. Her mother had a famous interior designer to take care for that a year ago when Anya and Fleur first moved in. The apartment was located downtown, about ten-minute drive from her office, and it was surrounded by a museum, a library, some book shops, a cinema, things that Anya loved best.

Fleur grinned, "Your favourite; fried noodle and spicy chicken wings."

Anya cheered, "You're the best. I am starving."

"What kept you so late? You must be day-dreaming again in your favourite café - what is it called - ah yes, Seventh Heaven."

"I was trapped in the café due to rain, and you are not going to believe me, I shared table with him."

Anya did not have to mention the name and Fleur understood right away. Her eyes widened, "You did not!"

Anya giggled, "I did. I shared table with Ethan Dawson. And he was more handsome up close."

"Did you talk to him? Don't tell me you left as soon as the rain stopped."

"Actually, he introduced himself to me, of course I knew his name already – thanks to you, but then he said I reminded him of someone and I got scared."

"And you left?"

"Well, the rain had stopped."

Fleur rolled her eyes, "You've got to be kidding! What was you scared off?"

"I am trying to be under radar, don't you remember? Papa said that he let me had two-year experience living outside Slaviana to get to know my mother's birth country but he wished me to keep low profile and to behave myself, or else I have to go back to Slaviana immediately."

"But getting to know a guy and having some conversation with him won't do you any harm, would it?"

Anya's shrugged, "I guess I don't want anybody knows that I am a princess from Slaviana who happen to be a daughter of a former famous Hollywood star. Especially him. I want him to know me as I am, Anya Hailey, a mere girl who work as a junior staff in a publishing company."

"Anya Catharina Elizabeth D'Orlean," her friend corrected.

"I am Anya Hailey here," Anya is adamant.

"Did you give him your name?"

Anya nodded, "He knows me as Anya Hailey."

"Your number?"

"Of course not."

"If he was clever, I bet he is - being a successful lawyer - he would find a way. He said that you reminded him of someone?"

"I am afraid yes."

"He would google you, and find your mother's profile that will link to you," said Fleur triumphantly.

Anya sighed, "You are not helping me at all."

Fleur laughed, "I am helping you; you just don't realize it yet. But believe me, one day you will thank me tremendously."