Part 1

The rain was drizzling outside and Anya was trapped with him in this café

The rain was drizzling outside and Anya was trapped with him in this café. The mystery man that she had been secretly stalking since last year when she started working as a junior editor in a publishing company across his office building. Exactly after they accidentally bump each other's head when each one of them trying to catch a silly flying flyer in a bus stop near their offices one morning. He smiled then and Anya was smitten right away. All hurt was forgotten when he said sorry with his deep voice that sounded so soothing.

Maybe he was not like the typical handsome guy; someone that you could easily found in some romantic movies. His jaw was too strong and his nose was slightly crooked like it was punched once. But with his generous lips and a dimple in his both cheeks, he could blow Anya's mind anytime and made her day dreaming in a wonderful state of mind all day.

Anya sighed, she moved her eyes from the window and found him starring at her openly with a smile. Those dimples. Duh.

"Is it so hard?" he asked out of the blue.

Anya's eyes widened cluelessly.

"I am sorry?"

"Is it so hard to share your table with me? I heard you sighed thousand times in only ten minutes I am here."

Anya felt a blush crept to her cheek. The traitor blush! Awkwardly, she looked around, the café was so full of people, and found no empty table available. She shrugged, pretended to be nonchalant, "An unavoidable situation, isn't it? There is no empty table left, so we have to share."

"But is it that hard to have to share your table with someone else?" His eyes twinkled.

"This café is usually empty, but today it seems that everybody is here, maybe due to the rain. But I don't mind sharing table. Why do you think I would object?"

That smile appeared again in his generous lips and Anya's heart fluttered. She held her cup of hot cappuccino like an armour to protect her heart. Her so-so fragile heart.

"Maybe you never realized, but I came here often and always found you sit alone in this table."

Anya's eyes widened again, "Did you? I never saw you around. I mean, I saw you once or twice across my office building but I never saw you in this café."

He laughed with a rich voice, "I found you too daydreaming to notice anyone around. So out of reach. It seemed that you always lost in your own thinking."

Anya's mouth slightly parted, she did not believe that his mystery man took notice of her. She was probably dreaming. She tried to pinch herself secretly, and it hurt, she definitely was not dreaming.

"By the way, the name is Dawson, Ethan Dawson." He offered her his hand.

Anya, of course, knew his name. She also knew that he went to Harvard and was a lawyer in one of the most reputable law offices in the city. He was single and had a nice house in a suburb area that was less busy than the downtown where her apartment located. She was also informed that he liked playing tennis and loved seafood. He even could play saxophone and loved jazz music. There. Quite impressive, wasn't it? And she's got all this solid information from Fleur, her roommate and also her companion, who worked as a receptionist in his office.

"Hailey, Anya Hailey." Finally, she could find her voice.

They shook hands briefly. His big hand enveloped her dainty one for a while before released it. Anya was glad that she had her fingers nails painted this morning.

"That's not that bad, isn't it?" His eyes roamed her face openly with interest.

"Huh?"

"To let me know your name. I had been wanting to know since we bumped each other's head over a flying flyer. You reminded me of someone, but I could not figure it yet who. Your face was familiar to me."

Anya found her mouth dry. A warning bell screamed inside her head. It was time to go.

A waiter came to their table to bring his coffee. A strong black one. An espresso.

Anya finished her cappuccino in one gulp, fortunately the coffee was not hot anymore. She packed her things and before he could protest, she mumbled an excuse to leave.

Somehow the rain had stopped outside. Anya grabbed a taxi in no waste of time and threw herself on the back seat of the car with a sigh. That was a close one.