Prologue (Please read the A/N at the end)

"We're really gonna be together forever right?" The young princess asked the prince, accompanying her in the palace garden. The young prince stopped, picking a bright pink flower from the bush next to them, handing it to her with a grin on his face.

"Of course, princess!" 

She giggled and took the flower. "Thank you, kind prince."

He bowed to her. "Anything for my queen-to-be." 

However, time and unforeseen circumstances did not do them well. As time passed, it seemed the young ones would not be together forever in the way they had hoped.

The young princess stood at her father's side, as he announced to the kingdom of what had taken place.

"The Kingdom or Lerralia has attacked our kingdom! Stealing food and medicine right out from under our noses! They thought it wise to sneak spies into my palace, to take my life, steal my daughter, and take over my kingdom by force despite the arrangement we had made with Prince Michael, and my daughter, Princess Elizabeth," He bellowed. The people began to cry out in outrage, demanding they steal from Lerralia in return. The king simply raised a hand, silencing his people. "Instead of taking the violent route, and risking war, I've chosen to go about this peaceably. We will cut the alliance we had with them, our deals are no longer in play. Including the marriage arrangement we had made between the prince and our princess. From here on, people from Lerralia are no longer welcome in our fair kingdom of Kaelallan. I pray we do not need to solve this with war."

That evening, the young princess roamed the garden alone, looking among all the flowers the prince had picked for her, telling her he couldn't wait to be her husband. Saying he only wanted to grow up, because then he could be her husband. She felt tears drip silently down her cheeks, and fell to her knees in despair. 

The plants and grass around her wilted, and the sky darkened. The plants showed her misery, and the sky was ready to express her misery to all the people of Kaelallan. For the boy she grew up with, thinking she would marry, was now out of her life. Lerralia broke their deal, and betrayed her and her people. 

And as the years came and went, the more resentful she felt towards the prince and Lerralia, and the more she felt her father should have declared war. 

----------------------

Thanks for reading! I'm really excited to be posting this book!!! I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I enjoy writing it. This is a new idea that recently came into play, but I know where I want it to go. I can't guarantee my posting schedule will be great especially since my other book is doing well, and I want to get a chapter up on there every day or every other day. 

Note: I am not well versed in medieval times. I've been doing my research as much as possible, but let me make it clear I will not be writing as if this is the medieval times because that won't be fun to read in all honesty, and I might cry trying to write it lol. But I will try to get as much as the information possible as I can, but I will also be adding in my own twists to how things work, as this is a fantasy world that I made up so the rules might be bent for the sake of my sanity.

I hope you all are looking forward to this as much as I am!

-Nik<3