Chapter 5

Days with Snow quickly turned into my greatest dreams. We often fall asleep snogging lazily in one of our beds, we wake up together, snog some more, and then quietly flirt together throughout the day. Neither of us have officially asked the other one out, but I think we know that we don't need to. I can't help but feel like this was all one fever dream that I'll never forget. I'm gonna wake up and we'll go right back to me pining for him silently. It's only been a few days since our first kiss, and I keep thinking he's gonna pull it all from underneath me, go straight back to Wellbelove.

I'm studying Greek when he comes storming into the room, his magic at the top. I can feel the pull his magic brings, the opposite of the dry Humdrum feeling. He has that green smoke leaving his skin, his fists clenched. He quickly grabs the closest thing he can, just so happens to be a textbook, and launches it at the ground.

"Oi Snow! Calm down! What's wrong, love?" I ask, standing out of my chair and stepping the few steps to him cautiously. He looks at me, his cheeks red, his eyes brimming with tears, some almost falling. He falls into my arms, almost defeated. "Simon? What's going on?" I whisper into his curls. He grips my arms tighter.

"It's Agatha."

My blood runs cold, even colder than usual.

"What do you mean?" I whisper tentatively.

"She tried to hold my hand today." He feels me tense and quickly looks up, placing his hands on my neck. "No no I promise I pulled away. She got pissed at me, asking me why she couldn't hold her boyfriend's hand. I tried to tell her that she's the one that broke up with me, but she stormed off. It just made me angry." I tighten my arms around him and he lays his head on my shoulder.

"So, you don't want to go back to Wellbelove?" I murmur.

That makes him straighten up and look me square in the eyes. "What? Of course not Baz, why would you think that?"

I look down at our feet, embarrassed about my confession coming up. "Well, I was scared that I was just your fill in before she would realize her mistakes. I didn't know if you were just gonna go back to her when you could."

He lifts my chin up and holds my face in place. "Tyrannus Basilton Grimm-Pitch. Absolutely not. As soon as I kissed you that first time, I knew it was gonna be hard to drag me away from you. I like you, Baz! Not her. She walked away from me, but you stayed when I needed help. I need you, not her."

I lean in, leaving soft kisses on his cheek, slowly leading to his lips. When I reach them, I can feel his magic depleting. We've snogged so much over these past few days that you would think I would get used to this feeling. But I don't know if I ever will. He makes my whole body feel warm. The most common spot he leaves his hands are on my neck and jaw while I loosely hold mine around his waist. I've noticed when were snogging he likes to be in control, his hands moving my jaw where he wants my face, his lips leading. He pushes me back, leaving me to reach for him when he pulls away. He's slowly pushing me to my own bed, but I know we'll never go farther than snogging, at least for now. He has a bad back from all his fights, so it's just more comfortable. He leads me till I'm sitting, him straddling my lap. He has to leave my lips for a second and a whine escapes my throat. He chuckles at me, but I can tell he likes to tease me. He kisses me softly before raising his head, mine having to follow him to reach him. He pulls back so I have to stretch uncomfortably to reach him, that whine coming back.

"Simon!" I pout and he looks at me for a second, before leaning in, giving me what I want. I could kiss Simon for hours, our pace moving between quick and needy to slow and lazy. We snog till dinner, and when Simon sits up, I can tell he's thinking hard on something.

"What Simon, what are you thinking about?" I ask, smoothing out the wrinkles on his forehead.

"Can I tell Penny? I just, I just feel like it all becomes more real when we tell people." He whispers softly, grabbing my calloused hands. They're fire holders hands, and Simon loves them. I kiss his cheek once.

"Of course, whatever you want." I reassure him and he beams at me. "Would you like me to be there?"

"If you want, will it make you feel better?"

"Sure, I'll come."

"Ok, we can do it tomorrow over tea, when Agatha isn't there."

I get ready to get up and put on my shoes when he pulls me back by my hand.

"Hey Baz?"

"Yes?"

"I like you, a lot."

I can't help the smile that forms on my face.

"I like you too Simon."

Needless to say, we were late to dinner that day.

Hello!! Thank you for reading! I also am posting this story on AO3 so if you prefer that I am posting them on Simongrimmpitch! I really enjoy constructive criticism as well as any comments. I reply to them all!