Chapter One: The New Girl

Making Her Mine

Chapter One: The New Girl

The first time I saw her; her long auburn hair, hazel eyes, braces, hands clasped together, and an unsure smile; was when she walked into the cafeteria.

It also happened to be the first day of school, hinting that she was a new kid. The awkward stance, and an awkward smile gave it away. She was very plain, other than her outfit of choice. She had worn a simple dress and boots. It fit her nicely I should say. I took a fancy to her at first glance.

“Hey Eli,” Ryan said, grabbing my shoulder. “How was your summer?”

“It was alright.”

“Who’s that you’re staring at?”

“I don’t know, some new girl,” I said nonchalantly, trying not to draw any attention to the subject at hand.

“I’d tap that,” Ryan added, making a “Not Bad” face.

“Who’d you tap?” Andrew, another one of my friends decided to join in on the conversation. Ryan pointed towards the girl’s direction. On cue a girl came up to her and whispered something into her ear. She turned to face us locking eyes with me, she turned abruptly and followed close behind the other girl.

She looked back once, smiling slightly, but averted her eyes as fast as before. I smiled at the empty space where she was a few seconds before.

“Damn you Kristen,” Andrew said laughing, “she’s always taking the hottest girls away.”

“She’s not hot,” I said, but the voice inside my head was telling myself differently though.

“Are you seriously kidding me? The fuck dude, you need to grow a set and go talk to her,” Ryan scolded me.

I sighed, “But I don’t even know anything about her.”

“That’s why you go talk to her,” Andrew fixed my hair and then slapped me across my face.

“The hell was that for?” I barked at him, rubbing my cheek.

*Cough* “Pussy,” *Cough*, Ryan laughed.

“I am definitely not a pussy,” I replied, knowing that I was completely right.

Andrew rolled his eyes and motioned towards the doors of the cafeteria, “The class bell is about to ring.”

As the bell was about to ring, I sort of hoped that the new girl was in my class. To be honest, it was more than a “sort-of”.

“How do you like being a junior?” Andrew asked, his hands shoved in his pocket.

“I don’t know, nothing much has changed I guess,” Ryan replied running his hand through his hair.

I sensed something wrong with him, he wasn’t his happy-go-lucky self like usual. “Hey you alright?”