New Changes

((Author's Note: So sorry for not uploading in so long! I'm reading the series of Fifty Shades of Grey and I just finished the second book today. Absolutely fabulous! Now I'm just waiting for my mom to be done with the third book so I can read it. In the meantime here's the next chapter. Keep voting and sending me feedback!))

Dakota's POV

It's been a very strange day so far today. I keep getting these looks from Fred like he's trying to tell me something. Maybe it has to do with his dream. I haven't seen George in days. I really miss his jokes and all the time we spent together. It hurts that he doesn't want to be friends with me anymore.

I was shuffling down the corridors thinking about all this when I hear a noise around the corner. I go around it to see George kicking the wall. My jaw drops to the ground having never seen him like this before. "George! What are you doing?"

He looks back at me with a dark look in his eyes. "Don't come any closer." He slams a fist into the wall and I just can't believe my eyes.

"Stop it!" Without thinking I run over and grab his arm. His fist swings around and hits me in the face. I fall back against the wall dazed. Slowly I drop to the ground holding my cheek where his fist landed. I think I was in shock.

I heard footsteps and felt someone picking me up. I didn't care who it was and looked the other way. I distantly heard talking and yelling but I wasn't paying attention. Then I felt movement and I was carried away. Next thing I knew I was laying on a soft surface. A few tears slide out as I curl into a pillow.

"Dakota?" I hear my name and turn to face Fred. He was looking at me with worried eyes and I can't hold it in anymore. Sobbing overtakes me and I cry the hardest I ever had in my life. His arms come around me and I continue to cry into his shoulder.

After a while I quiet down but Fred still holds me close. "I'm here love. I'll never let you down."

"How could he do that to me? I don't understand."

"Neither do I. When I saw what he did to you I exploded. I might disown him as my brother."

"Don't do that. You're family."

"He might be family but you mean so much more to me. He's not just a bloody git, he's an arse to boot. I hate him for doing this to you."

"Oh Fred." I look up into his eyes and he stares into mine. I start to feel something between us and my heart flutters. My breathing picks up and Fred kisses my nose.

"Dakota I've been in love with you for years. I never had the courage to tell you before because I was scared. I didn't think you had feelings for me then and I wasn't sure even now but I had to tell you."

I was completely speechless. I really didn't know what to say. My eyes stayed connected to his and all I could do was nod.

"Please say something. Anything." Fred gives me a pleading look.

I take a deep breath first. "I was in love with George for the longest time. Now after all the things he done I don't think I love him anymore. You've been so much better for me."

Fred nods looking at me expectantly. "So what does that mean?"

"I wouldn't mind trying to be with you and see how things work out."

He smiles and hugs me tight. "I promise Dakota I will be the best boyfriend you have ever had."

I giggle slightly and put my arms around him. "Maybe you will."

Fred looks into my eyes again and it's like he's asking for permission to do something. I smile my lips curving up. He leans closer and his lips touch mine. I feel that flutter again and I kiss him back opening my mouth slightly. His tongue slides in and I deepen the kiss tangling my tongue with his. My blood was swimming in my body and new places start to ache.