Chapter 1

~I do not own young justice or supergirl, just Naya~ (Forgot to mention it's around season 2 of supergirl. I am not gonna be happy if they're like "let's make Lena evil" so Lena won't be evil in this story. I love her too much.)

Naya chewed on her necklace while she sat on the bus. The suburban neighborhood disappeared as the bus pulled onto the ramp headed for the city. The "National City- 5 Miles" sign hung above the ramp.

The field trip was for her English class. Cat Grant held a competition for one of the schools in the area to receive help for their current event papers. Naya decided to do her paper on Lena Luthor and her recent innovations. Lo and behold, Naya's school Sierra Academy won the competition. In addition to the field trip, the school also received a grant for the arts department which is helpful towards Naya's love of theatre.

The bus chugged along down the highway before taking the downtown exit. The buildings grew rapidly into skyscrapers. Of course, rush hour traffic was in effect complete with the incessant honking. This combined with the mild chatter on the bus made Naya regret leaving her headphones at home.

Finally, the CatCo entrance appeared and the bus pulled in front of the door. Mr. Russo stood at the front, handing out name tags as the students filed out of the bus. Naya was the last off, taking a name tag from Mr. Russo and joining the other kids.

One of the receptionists greeted the students as they wrote their names on the name tags. After everyone was properly named, the receptionist led them up to the top floor. Naya's ears popped on the ride up, adding on to the distress she was already experiencing. The receptionist let the students into Cat's office.

"Hello," Cat began. "Welcome to CatCo. Congratulations on winning the contest. I'm sure you're all excited to begin homework of all things. In a moment, you'll receive your 'mentor' for today."

---

After the introductory speech, the teens split off into groups of four and joined Kara Danvers, gathering around her desk.

"Hi everyone!" Kara greeted them. "I'm Kara and I'm excited to help you all today. Before we begin, how about we introduce ourselves?"

The other three, Cathy, Nelson, and Marianne introduced themselves.

"I'm Naya," she said, scanning over her paper. "Nice to meet you."

Cathy took the opportunity to lean down and whisper to Kara, "Naya's a little slow with things so she might need the most help."

Now, this statement wasn't true in the slightest. Naya could write a paper just like anyone else in class. Cathy just told Kara that because Cathy acts like she knows everything about autism all because her second cousin has it. It got annoying whenever Cathy would approach her in the cafeteria and ask why she wasn't eating with the other autistic kids.

"Oh, okay," Kara said, giving a slight look to Naya.

"Yeah, she's autistic," Cathy continued. Naya silently begged for someone to appear and slap a piece of tape over her mouth. "I always help her with her homework so we're like, best friends. Right, Naya?" She gave Naya a tight hug, making her tense up.

Cathy finally released her and Naya felt the room slightly chill. Via the ghost spoke up, "Naya, you're allowed to say no."

Naya swiped her hand at Via and her frankly reasonable comment.

"Well... anyway, let's begin," Kara said.

The group went around reading the paper aloud. Nelson did good on his sentence structure but needed help with his lack of descriptions. Marianne researched her topic well but had constant run-on's. Cathy had a whole slew of grammatical errors but did well on her transitions between paragraphs. When it came to Naya, she used lots of descriptive words and embedded quotes well, but needed help with some run-on sentences. Everyone had the same amount of problems to work on but Cathy was adamant that Naya had the most problems. It was always "you should have used that" and "why did you use that quote?", even Kara was frustrated with how many times Cathy pointed out meaningless corrections. She also shot down Naya's corrections on her own paper that everyone agreed with.