Another Fight

Elizabeth

"Eli, we need to talk."

"Don't touch me."

"Why are you acting like this?!"

Eric's outburst happens in the middle of lunch, and everyone in the room looks at us.

"Why am I acting like what?" I growl.

"Like I've done something wrong!" He replies, his voice full of anger and authority.

"You did do something wrong!"

"What did I do?!"

"You let that stupid simulation version of you rape me, and then you had the balls to tell me it wasn't real!"

I slam my plate onto the closest table, and it shatters into pieces. I turn away from him and storm away, and everyone who heard me starts whispering.

~

"Eric keeps telling us to tell you to go to his room."

"Eric can go suck it."

"Eli, please. He's really torn up over this. You didn't see him when he came out of the Fear Landscape. His lip was busted, and he looked like he was going to start crying."

"He did actually cry. He waited until everything was done and left before us, but I could hear him crying when he walked away."

I am laying on my bed in the dorms. Hailey and Isaiah are standing on the sides.

"If I go, will you two shut up and stop talking to him?" I ask.

"Of course."

"If that's what you want."

I get to my feet and walk out of the dorms.

~

I stand outside of Eric's room, debating whether I should go in or not. It's when I hear moaning from inside that I kick the door in. A girl lays in Eric's bed as he scrambles to get up. They are both fully clothed, but the smell of alcohol radiates off of Eric.

"Get out." I snap at the girl.

"I don't have to listen to you." She replies, her eyes burning with anger.

"You're laying on my bed, letting my drunk boyfriend make out with you. I can tell you whatever I want to. Now get the hell out, or you'll end up in the infirmary."

"No!"

"Infirmary it is then."

I grab her by her shirt and drag her off of the bed. I pull her by her hair and slam her face into the wall, and she screams in pain when I hear a sharp crack as her nose breaks. I pick her up by the front of her shirt again and easily throw her out into the hall, slamming the door as she hits the floor. I lock the door and look at Eric.

"I'm letting you off the hook because you're drunk." I state. "Lay on the bed and don't move."

He does as I say, and I straddle him. His hands go to my waist when I kiss him. A look of disappointment covers his face when I end the kiss.

"I still love you. It doesn't matter how much I hate what you did. You're still mine, and I want you to be only mine. No more sleeping with other girls when you're upset." I say, playing with the piercings above his eye.

"I haven't slept with anyone else but you. I've only kissed the others." He breathes.

I smile and lean down to kiss him again. He moans when I cup my hand at his lower region.

"Good. This is mine, and no one else's."

~

Eric breathes slowly as he wakes up from his drunken slumber. He startles when he realizes I'm laying naked on top of him.

"Relax." I say, kissing his jaw. "You didn't hurt me."

He makes a noise and looks around. His body tenses when he sees the dried blood on the wall.

"Oh. I walked in on you kissing another girl. She has a broken nose now." I smile when he looks at me accusingly.

"Note taken. Don't piss you off." He mumbles as he relaxes and wraps his arms around me.

I wrap my arms around his torso and lay my head on his chest. He sighs, and I look at him.

"It's a little cold. Can I take a shower?" He asks.

"It's your room, Eric. You don't have to ask." I mutter.

"I don't really want to move unless it's okay with you. We are naked, and you looked like you were comfortable."

"It's fine."

"Did you want to join me?"

"Love, I've been in that bathroom. There isn't enough room to even sneeze in that shower."

"We can make it work."

"Fine. I'm not having sex again."

"I didn't say I wanted to."

~

I skip along beside Eric as we head to the Pit. The tattoo parlor is blasting music once again, and everyone is dancing. Isaiah emerges from the crowd and pulls me with him, and we disappear into the mess of people. The song that is playing abruptly ends, and someone shoves a microphone into my hand. I'm forced up onto a small platform.

"Sing! It's karaoke!" Isaiah yells over the noise.