Chapter 2-Events

Queen Chrysalis was delighted with the dress that covered her slender body. The dress was light but still dark yellow with a heart in the shape of an aqua green crystal pinned to the front and it almost admired her icy eyes. "I love this dress!" She said smiling at herself in the mirror. She grinned and turned the dress trailing over the white and icy aqua green tiled floor. As she walked she adored the brightly lit castle. She smiled at the guards that saluted to her as she walked by and caught a faint glance of what she thought was holes in one if their horns. She was pulled away by Crystique again before she could get a better look.

"Your highness, the time has come!" The mare said, even now she wasn't smiling, merely looking bored as usual. Queen Chrysalis's face broke into a more professional look instead of it's joyful smile. She cleared her throat and stood before the gorgeous silver doors with her head held high. There was several hooves stomping in applause and she smiled slightly as she strode past and to her throne. She sat down and as soon as her rump hit the silky soft pillow the celebration began with a gorgeous stream of music.

The queen overlooked it and gave the ponies that caught her eye a smile. The ponies would either smile back or shy away from such royalty. Chrysalis looked across at all her guests and couldn't help but think of the family that couldn't have come. She frowned and cleared her throat, turning to the guard on the left of her throne, "I have to check on a family with a sick foal and see if I may be of any assistance. If anyone does ask, tell them I shall be back within the next hour." She ordered. The guard saluted and kept his straight face. The queen nodded and stepped off of her throne, earning a few raised eyebrows from some of her beloved subjects. She glanced towards the guard to tell them to ask him and several scurried towards him. The guard was instantly overwhelmed. Chrysalis smiled and strode back through the doors and down the hallway. She checked to make sure there were no guards in the hallway and broke into a gallop for the doors. Nopony missed this event unless it was something contagious or deadly, she had to make sure it could be gotten rid of.

The queen threw open the doors with her magic and unfolded her wings. Everypony was in the castle to celebrate, so she had to, of course, fly there. Queen Chrysalis glanced over the city, not a single building was lit. All but one. It was faintly lit and she was quick to land softly on the grass. By now, it was dark outside and the snowy grass was chilly even through her royal shoes. She shivered and walked towards the door, raising a hoof and knocking four times.

The door creaked open.