My Faith, My Sorrow.

Start from the beginning

"He's suffering." I pointed out. "He's in so much pain Garrett."

I started to cry again. This was too painful to endure. I needed to get out of here. I needed to think. What was I going to do?

"I need to leave." I spoke. "Can you make sure he's safe?" I ask of him.

Garrett nods and put a reassuring hand on my shoulder. I watched him as he buried him right next to the accident. He needed to be there, that's where he died. Taking his body somewhere unfamiliar would ruin his soul. He was already suffering. Tears kept falling as I watched. I couldn't believe this happened to him. I held my heart as it ached, it ached so bad my chest felt like it was caving in. 

I looked up to the sky.

I felt myself channel my energy, I needed to let this out I couldn't keep this all in. Rain started to fall. As I closed my eyes the rain started to get harder and harder. Thunder rumbled above us echoing in the night as I channeled my feelings into the weather. Lightning strikes a tree branch nearby as I cried out in pain and fell to my knees. Why? Why did you take him from me? Still holding my heart, I looked up to the sky as the raindrops matched my tears. Why did you have to take him from me? Lightning strikes another branch as I stood up and Garrett was finished. I walked over to where he buried him and looked on as I closed my eyes. I channeled the roots in the ground and made a flower grow from the middle of his grave as it appeared my tears were heavy now as Garrett stood side by side with me. I buried my face on his shoulder. It was time. Time to let him go.

We stood there for thirty minutes more. Finally, deciding to go home. We stood face to face with my hand on his shoulders so I could take us home. Feeling the familiar tug and spin we arrived back to my home where Annabel and Beth were, I almost forgot my mission. I needed to tell them I found my father, I also needed to be alone.

Thirty minutes later we ended up in front of my mother's house.

"You sure you want to do this now?" Garrett questioned

I nod. "I need to. I cannot distract myself. This is not just for me."

He nods in understanding and we both walked up the steps. I rang the doorbell, I stood there hands on my sides waiting patiently.

The door opened and Beth appears, she smiles at me and Garrett moving aside letting us in.

"Garrett what do I owe you for this pleasure?" She greeted.

Garrett smiles. "Nothing. I'm afraid it's under important circumstances."

Her brows furrowed as she looked at me.

I gulped and took a deep breath before I spoke. "I found him."

A big toothy grin covered her face as she embraces me into a hug.

She pulls back. "So where is he?"

"He's In Mahogany. I was there— kidnapped. I escaped. And I'm going back to get him. I just wanted you to know." I said and turned around towards the door.

"Wait! Rain?" She asked.

I turned my head towards her. "Yes?"

"Give this to him." She said handing out a gold chained necklace with a purple heart shaped locket on it.

Garrett grabbed for it. "What is it?" He asked.

"Their memories."

•••

Garrett and I retired back to Mahogany with a devoted plan. Of course, everyone was going to be pissed because I escaped. But we are coming here for one person and one person only.