Chapter 1

June 23rd 7:18 am

Last day of school

"April honey get up it's almost time for school." said my dad as he kissed my forehead and left to walk towards the front of our house. "Mmmhh....dad it's too late for me I must sleep!!!"I said as I slowly crawled out of my bed. "Oh no my sugar plum is going to leave me for brains!!! He yelled as he opened the old yellowish white cabinets and grabbed two bowls and 2 mugs.

Slowly to the table, I walked "brains!" I said, "I need BRAINS!!!" As I walked to my seat and sat down. "Oatmeal or cereal," asked dad. "I request the oatmeal with apple and cinnamon chunks!!! Bring me my meal peasant!!!" I said in a haughty king like voice. "Yes yes my dear king right away." said my dad as he bowed. 2 minutes later my delectable meal of apple cinnamon oatmeal was brought to me. "After you eat put your dishes in the sink." "okay when will you be back" "I'll be getting you from school today." he said, "really that's awesome." I said as I finished up my food " I shan't keep you any longer off I go to get dressed and wash my face!" halfway to the bathroom dad yelled, "Honey your dishes!" I turned around and hit my knee on our old mahogany coffee table. "Owww why do I do this every day!!!"

7:31 am

To school

Locking the front door I rubbed my knee as I walked down the driveway. Walking down the sidewalk I counted the cracks the pavement until I heard a familiar call "Hey APRIL wait for me." a girl with brown hair and blue eyes yelled. "Hey, Lila what up." "What's up is you didn't wait for me AGAIN!" "If I waited for you that would have made me late," I replied in a know it all way. "Well...yeah...but still this time might have been different if you waited!" she pulled out her phone to check the time. "See" she flashed the screen at me "I'm two minutes earlier today than yesterday!" " wow you are but your also 2 years older than me!" i said in an annoyed voice.

7:39 am

Front Gate

We reached the front gate and broke off to go to our own classrooms like always. Even though I act like a brat to Lila I really do like her and she knows that.. at least I hope she doses.

2:45 pm

End of school

I walked out the gate and sat under an old birch tree waiting for my dad to come to get me. around thirty minutes later an old red pickup truck pulled into the school parking lot. climbing in I said, "dad I almost thought you weren't coming." "I-" he looked at me "I am so sorry honey I came as fast as I could." "I know you did," I replied. in a semi dejected voice. he sighed and slowly pulled out of the parking lot.

After a few minutes, April looked around and said "Dad you know you're going the wrong way home right?"

"actually I'm not you see were going to visit your grampa right now a good old fashion road trip like we use to do with your mom."

"REALLY!" April said, "and we are leaving right now?"

"yes, why?"

"well, I didn't know so I didn't get to tell Lila."

"its fine well be back in a month and it's not like your never going to see her again."

"Yeah, your right."