𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 : 3

Start from the beginning

  "Permission granted by the emperor." The voice of a guard echoed from inside. This made you raise your eyebrow, was the emperor a mute of some sort? Or was he too good to speak to anybody of a lower class than him?

  Octavi proceeds to slide the door open gently before stepping inside with you following shortly after. Octavi closes the door behind the two of you as you take in your surroundings. The wall was a beautiful snowy white with magnolias carefully painted on, their stigmas all made of gold. The floor was a shiny and polished black marble with golden speckles in it, causing you to question how wealthy the kingdom actually was. As you looked straight ahead of you, your eyes spotted a red, translucent curtain hiding the figure of the emperor. It appeared that he was sitting at a large balcony that was on the other side of the curtain, appearing to be having breakfast. You could barely make out his figure, only able to see the outline of things thanks to the sun rays. At either side of the curtain were two guards, their uniforms much more tribal looking and decorated with emeralds to symbolise their high status among the ranks of the guards.

  In front of you but before the curtain was a fairly small, wooden table that had white flowers painted upon it and a maroon, cushioned seat. On the table was a layout of traditional pastries, a tea set and a plate full of rice, boiled eggs, vegetables and seasoned fish. "Sit down at the small table." The guard instructs, before the other guard continues. "You may leave, Sir Octavi Kirayo."

  Timidly, you sat down at the table, feeling very intimidated not only by the emperor but also by the guards. The guards were shockingly silent as the sound of birds singing outside and the occasional clink or sound of movement from the other side of the curtain filling your ears. As Octavi had taught you, you decided to keep your head down in fear that the emperor would notice that you were trying to catch a glance of him through the curtain.

  "Greetings, my tailor." A silky smooth voice purred from the other side of the translucent curtain. Your eyes widened as you came to the realisation that the emperor himself was speaking to you. Each of his words rolled off his tongue lusciously like the sweetest venom and even his pronunciation of the very words made it obvious that he was of a higher class. Truly, the emperor was mysterious. In fact, his voice was fairly low and had a small growl to it. You were not sure what you had expected but you certainly didn't expect for his voice to be so intriguing and sweet.

  You were unsure whether or not to respond, it was the emperor after all. Octavi had taught you not to answer unless he directly asked you a question, however you felt like staying silent would be fairly rude. "Greetings, emperor." You respond, your voice awkwardly shaky and quiet with fear. He had the power to kill you in just a second. You had to be cautious with every word that you said.

  "How have you been?" The emperor questioned as you kept looking down at your food, unsure if you'd be able to eat or not. However, the beautiful treats and wonderful smelling breakfast in front of you made you give in. You desperately wanted to give it all a taste. Was high class food as delicious as it was said to be?

  "I've been wonderful. How about you?" You respond. One of the guards glanced over at you with concern as you said this, as though you had made an error in your words. You zip your lips shut, preparing yourself for the worst. If you were going to die today, then at least you should eat something delicious. You shake your head, your hungry stomach obviously doing no good to you or your focus.

  "I've been quite well. I was impressed by the outfit you had made for me. My suitresses praised and thought highly of it last night." He says, his voice smooth as silk and as unique as every piece of embroidery to exist. You felt the need to respond but you were unsure if it was right for you to respond to the emperor just to keep the conversation flowing, as you definitely weren't high status enough to do so either ways.