𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 : 3

Start from the beginning

  Octavi's slender, pale fingers slide the left door open before he walks in, wearing the exact same outfit as he had been wearing yesterday. In fact, it seemed more like a uniform than it was an outfit. His cold, purple hues glazed over your figure, taking in your appearance before he began to speak in his usual, listless tone. "Good morrow, Fuyomui. Just call me Octavi, as we'll be working alongside eachother for quite a while. Anyway. The big news, is that the emperor wants to meet you himself. So, let me go over the etiquette and rules quickly, as you are due in his presence in just fifteen minutes. Is that alright with you, [Name]?" He questions, your name rolling off his tongue and into your ears like the most peaceful ocean wave.

  You nod in response, preparing yourself for an entire lecture from Octavi as you stood perfectly still. "Good. You are not to look at the emperor directly unless he grants you permission. You are not to wear red, only the emperor may wear red. You are only to speak to the emperor if he asks you a question or is the first one to speak. You are to eat at the same pace at the emperor, not the other way around. You are to keep your head low and not even try to look past the translucent, red sheet that will separate the two of you." Octavi begins. Taking in all the information, you could already begin to take the hint. It seemed that it Yunoaiu, there was a lot of classism.

  Thankfully, ten minutes flew by like a breeze before Octavi had finally finished speaking and running over the basic etiquette of eating with the emperor and some palace rules. Now you had only just noticed, Octavi held a fairly thick, black book in his hands. He walked towards your desk and set it down on there before clearing his throat. "This is the rule book, full of all the guidelines you must follow. Break one, and you will be punished accordingly. If you are to disrespect or harm the emperor in any way, the punishment you receive may be fatal but will be carried out with no hesitation." Octavi finishes. His words made your heart skip a beat as you felt dread and anxiousness seep into your skin, taking over your body. Pursing your lips, you could only nod due to the fear your voice would come out embarrassingly weak or shaky due to how all the pressure of meeting the emperor made you feel.

  "Let us go now then. It'll take several minutes to arrive at the private tearoom." Octavi says, before gesturing over to the door, "Ladies first." He mutters, waiting for you to leave the room first. Timidly and silently, you hurry out the room before you could waste too much time and possibly have your fear of seeing Octavi's bad side come true.

  Octavi slides the door closed behind you before stepping in front of you and leading the way, the quick tempo of his polished heels tapping beautifully and perfectly with each step against the floor. You both walk in silence in the seemingly endless hallway within the palace walls, the silence deafening. However, before long he walked up a flight of stairs, which had a red carpet, with golden flowers embroidered into it. Curiously, you followed him. As you went up the stairs continuously, ignoring all other landings, you had finally stopped at the sixth floor.

  Slightly out of breath, you could barely to get the energy to examine your surroundings. Everything on the sixth floor of the palace was grand. You also noticed that only on this floor, besides the stairs, there was a red carpet in the middle of each walkway, the detailing of gold much more dense and wealthy looking than those on the stairs however. "Be silent." Your superior, Octavi, orders before leading you to the left, past the dark grey walls and ceiling. The doors were all coated with golden detailing and gems of all sorts. Every now and again you would pass by a small table that would hold a large vase full to the brim with pure white and vicious red water lilies.

  Octavi came to a halt in front of a circular door and cleared his throat before knocking upon it ever so gently, much gentler than he had done upon your own door. "Permission to enter, your majesty." Octavi asks, his voice still as serious as before but with a much more gentle undertone.