I can see that she was angry, but it was not my fault that Pooja decided to come back at night. F*k! I came to know that only now. But telling my Ma that would only cause another uproar. So I had to play safe.

"What did she tell?", I keep my voice even.

"She told the truth.", my body tenses as soon as Dad spoke.

"What truth?", my voice as cold and distant as Dad's.

"That you were a workaholic and asked her to go sightseeing alone. And when she told she was bored, sitting there alone, while you typed away in your laptop, you told her to go back.", Ma speaks before Dad who doesn't look like he believed a word what Pooja told them.

I scratch the back of my neck and look down, not knowing what to tell. Atleast the girl had the brains not to tell the truth.

By the time Ma finishes lecturing me and Dad looking like ready to kill me if opened my mouth, it was time for dinner.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Pooja's  P.O.V

Coming back home I freshen up and see Dad, Ma and Arjun talking in the backyard, from my balcony. I go downstairs to help to set the dinner. It was so awkward with everyone secretly sparing me and Arjun a glance even when they all were busy talking like usual. Losing my appetite, I play with the rice and vegetables on my plate till the dinner was over.

Entering my room I see Arjun, like every other day, busy smiling and talking on his phone while working on his laptop, sitting in the balcony. I brush my teeth and go to sleep leaving Arjun in his bubble of happiness.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Four weeks passed since Arjun returned. My talk with him was still not done. There is this big tension between us every time we are together. It's only been approximately five months since our marriage and he had again asked me for divorce thrice. Both the times after the first, I just left him there waiting.

I myself don't know why I can't just sign those papers. I could be free no heartbreak, no pain. But I would also be signing away a family that I longed for. Arjun might not be the husband that I wanted. But the Kashyap family was everything for me.

I came home late, just in time for dinner. Everyone, except Ma, Dad and Arjun were there in the centre hall with tension clear on their faces. The kids were also unusually quiet and were studying sitting on the dining table set behind the centre hall. The only sound coming was from my anklets when I walk towards Megha. Ajay looks at me first and tells me to go to Dad's study immediately.

I enter the room with a knock on the door and close it behind me. Arjun was standing in the middle with his fists clenched to his side. There were broken peices of glass and flowers littered to his left side and Ma was standing in front of a couch in tears to his right. Dad was silently sitting behind his desk with a blank expression.

I walk towards Ma and hugs her while she cries on my shoulder. Arjun looked like he would burst with anger now. He glares at me and I glare back. How could he just make his mother cry. And if glares could kill both him and me would be already dead. He storms out of the room banging the door shut loudly. After a few minutes Ma pulls back from the hug and looks at me with a broken look, tears flowing from her eyes.

"How could you too lie to us, Pooja? You knew very well he was cheating on you and you kept quiet! Am I a stranger to you, Pooja? I saw you as my own daughter! You could have told atleast when you came from Paris. But what! We had to find out from outsiders. Why lie to me Pooja? Why.....", suddenly she faints and I hold her. Dad picks her and carries her to their room, downstairs, leaving me there alone in his study.

What was I supposed to tell her? I had no answer, no explanation, nothing.

I slowly walk back to my room to see Arjun in the dimly lit balcony drinking. I walk to him and stand next to the balcony door.

"Arjun....", I start but he cuts me off.

"What! This was what you wanted, right? How many f*king times did I ask you to just sign those papers?", he walks towards me with a glass in one hand and tears flowing freely.

"Arjun please lis...", my hand reflexively goes to his face to wipe the tears when he holds my wrist tightly.

"Listen!", he scoffs and raises his voice while tightening his grip on my wrist with each sentence. "Listen what Pooja? I  f*king already told you I can't be the husband who would love you or hold your hand. Then why do you have to be here? Just already stop trying to be my wife.", by this time his nails were digging into my skin.

"Arjun you are hurting me.", my voice low and quiet while I tried my best to not cry.

He was about to reply when the door burst open and Trisha came in crying, "Bhaiya, Ma's not well."

He throws the glass to a corner and leaves my hand, which hits the glass door hard, as soon as he hears her and runs out of the room.

I fall to my knees crying and cradling my burning wrist in my other hand.

Why should my life be like this?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

One week later, both Arjun and I were in Dad's study after breakfast waiting for Ma or Dad to come. It was weekend and Arjun had finally decided to stay back home for the weekend, after ages. Sitting on the couch with my hands resting on my lap, I tug at the sleeves of my full sleeved Salwar, with my fingers in tension. I had a couple of full sleeved blouses and Salwars which I have been wearing to hide the bruise on my wrist.

Last week has been pretty bad with Ma on full rest, since her blood pressure levels were low as well as her stress was high, Dad was giving the silent treatment to everyone and the tension between me and Arjun was soo high that it was affecting the whole household.

Ma enters closely followed by Dad who closes the door. She comes and stands in front of the couch facing me and Arjun.

"Give me your phones.", she asks stretching her hands out. Her voice stern. I feel like a kid caught by her mother. I give mine and Arjun gives his as well when Ma asks for his second one. He groans but still hand it over to her.

"Now come with me.", telling that she leads us to to the front of the house where Ajay was waiting in a car.

"Get in.", she tells while getting in the front of the car.

"But Ma..."

"Shut your mouth and get in the car Arjun.", this was the first time I heard Ma shouting at someone.

Silently both of us get in the back and I look out of the window to see Dad smirking and trying to hide his laugh. Guess he did get this a lot from Ma.

Ajay drives to an airport terminal where the jet we used to go to Paris was waiting. Ma gets out and we all follow her. Her face still blank she turns to me and Arjun.

"Both your luggage has already been packed. You both will be staying on my Private island. And how long will depend upon both of you. Try talking your problems and find a proper solution. Till then both of you can peacefully stay there.", Arjun looks at me but I just look front to where Ma was sitting. "Arjun your company Dad will be looking after it till you come and as for Pooja I have already talked to your boss. A maid will be there to help you. Now go it's time to take off."

Arjun nods and silently walk towards the jet while I stay behind. I hug Ma and whispers a small sorry to her. Pulling back she has a small smile on her face, "Now go and get back your husband. And take care."

With that I walk towards the jet.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

********************************************

Here goes another chapter....