"Sam!" Sophie said with a huge smile.

Shit.

"Sophie." He said calmly as he was looking at her.

He was standing casually by the bar with a glass of whiskey in his hand.

"Have you met Danielle?" She asked with a cheeky grin.

Smooth.

Or...

"I have." He said with a little nod.

His eyes were pointed at me a few seconds later.

"Hello Danielle." He smiled.

I had only spoken with him once and it hadn't been that big of a deal. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't remember me.

I held my breath for a second.

"Hi."

I didn't quite know why I suddenly became so nervous. Sophie disappeared before I managed to stop her.

"How's it going?" He asked.

I looked at him as I stopped searching for Sophie. She was such a traitor.

"Good. I'm good." I said as I folded my hands.

God, they were so sweaty.

"You?"

"Wonderful!" He outburst with a smile.

"It's nice to be able to celebrate months of hard work with everyone involved in the process." He said.

Oh that Scottish accent.

"Yea, you have been working with them for a long time, haven't you?" I asked.

He was so handsome.

As a man close to 40 years of age he was so attractive.

" I have, yes." He smiled.

He was nearly twice my age but I didn't think much about it. I was so captured by his handsome looks.

"So... How are you going to spend your time off?" I asked. I just wanted to keep the conversation going.

"Probably heading back to Scotland." He said.

"How about you? Anything special planned?"

I shrug my shoulders.

"I'll probably look for some more jobs." I said.

"Ah..."

"Nothing lined up yet?"

He actually sounded genuinely interested.

"Oh sorry – where's my manners? Do you want anything to drink?" He pointed towards the bar with his glass.

"Not really."

I was only at the beginning of my career. I hadn't landed any major roles yet.

"Just a glass of rosé."

"Coming right up." He said as he caught the attention of the bartender.

There was something about him. Something about his actions. I really liked it.

"So gallant." I said.

"I'm trying." He admitted with a smile.

He got the glass of wine from the bartender and he handed it to me right away.

I accepted it as I looked at him.

"You don't have to be gallant for me." I said.

"Sure I do."

"It's all about showing off the best side of yourself, isn't it?" He asked.

I tilted my head slowly to the side.

"Well – it depends on whether one wants to achieve something with it." I tried to smile a little.

"It's not possible to be gallant without wanting to achieve something?" He asked – one brow slowly raised.

"Sure... But there is usually always a reason."

I sipped a little to the wine.

"Ah."

"You haven't met a lot of gentlemen I assume." He said. It made me laugh a little.

"I don't think boys my age act like that." I said.

"Na... They don't know anything." He said.

"No?" I got a little surprised by his answer.

"I don't assume you were this gallant when you were in your early twenty's?" I teased.

He just smiled.

"You never know."