Introduction and Characters

War has broken over the four countries. Each country has dissolved into chaos but life still goes on for Prince Libra, who's never been anyone special. He's mostly gone unnoticed as one of the many nobles in his royal family; the only people at his side being his two retainers and best friends, Gemini and Aquarius. Of course, this all changes when he runs into a missing prince from another country and a ragtag group dubbed 'The Zodiacs' who are aiming to turn the entire course of war by seeking the truth.

-x-x-x-

Hello! Welcome to my third zodiac story! Genders will be the same as Breaking Free genders (they're opposite in Killer Instinct if you dislike these genders for any particular reason). There will be LGBT+ ships (I want to try expand my writing horizons a little and I've not included ships in my previous two books, so... I'll try my best with adding a little romance in!) and if you want a hint of what they might be... well, I'm kind of trying to bring the ships 'hinted at' in Breaking Free to reality (though I didn't realise back then when I was writing Breaking Free that I was hinting at any ships at all). Furthermore, this story is inspired by my current favourite game series Fire Emblem, but you don't need to know anything about Fire Emblem to read this story! (...but currently my favourite series is either Three Houses or Shadows of Valentia so far if anyone's interested!)

There are some minor spoilers about the characters below, but if you don't mind them, feel free to check below. (All characters will show up in the story with mostly major parts, but it might take a few chapters for some zodiacs to appear... hopefully that doesn't discourage you from reading the story)

EDIT (22/02/2020): To clarify, the cover was drawn by me, and the character artwork is also by me. I'll put the character artwork below the character descriptions if you wanted to see them. Character descriptions have also been edited to reflect the art. Also, check out my Spam book for some random sketches of the Daybreak's Crest zodiacs!

Now that's all done with... please enjoy the story!

-x-x-x-

Characters

Name: Aries von Deistos
Gender: Male
Appearance: Red hair, often left unkempt and messy, and teal eyes. He's often seen dressed in relatively minimal armour – a chestplate and bracers – and is almost never seen without his signature red cloak, which is kept pinned beneath a shoulder plate.
Personality: The determined and fiery ex-prince of Pyrax, he was once the heir to his kingdom with the heavy burden of his future role of king over his shoulders. He was respected for his strength and skill in battle, though he is a tad headstrong and stubborn. He has a strong sense of justice and won't hesitate to throw his life on the line for his friends and people, though his deputy Scorpio often has to drag him back to consider things rationally due to his hot-headed personality.

Name: Taurus Venhaus
Gender: Male
Appearance: Messy brown hair, with various strands and tufts sticking out due to lack of management. He has green eyes and is the tallest in the group. He wears battle-worn armour; shoulderplates, a chestplate and bracers, and keeps a teal cloak slung over his shoulder most of the time.
Personality: The stubborn and independent mercenary, hardened from the loss of his 'family' – the Vulpecus Mercenaries – Taurus rarely lets anything keep him down for long. He may not be the most book-smart person around, which was one of his main insecurities as a child, but makes up for this with his raw talent and skill with nearly every weapon in the book. He's surprisingly strong for his age and appearance and wields his favoured battle-axe named Vulpecus in battle with ease.