Hermione rolled her eyes, but dropped the subject nonetheless. She wasn't going to get anywhere with the stubborn idiot. Especially not in a room full of people.

×××

From that day on, Harry found himself staring at the blond much more often than usual, which, let me tell you, was pretty much all the damn time, looking and waiting for the one thing that would surely be the highlight of his day. That fucking smile.

For some reason, Draco didn't smile much. Nor did he sneer or smirk anymore. He was rather a reserved character and Harry found he missed the animated boy he knew. Sure he could do well without all the insults and fighting, but he wanted to beat each and every person responsible for making Malfoy this way with his own two hands.

"So then", Ron continued heatedly, blissfully unaware of the wanderings of his friend's eyes towards the blond slytherin sitting not far from them. "She told me she was only with me out of pity. Can you imagine that?"

"Honestly mate, It's been three years since the whole story with you two, why sweat over it?" Harry tried to end the conversation so Ron would go back to his book and he would go back to his staring.

"That's what I said! But no, Lavender insists to make it crystal clear that she would have never gotten together with me for another reason. When she would have clung to my neck 24/7 if she had her way."

"Damn right she would", Pansy's voice carried through to them from two tables away where she was sitting next to Draco. "You're a catch, Weasley. Too bad Granger got to you first."

"Jesus Parkinson", Harry sighed. "This conversation was weird enough without you opening your mouth. And weren't you playing for the other team?" he then asked in genuine confusion.

"And should that imply that I am unable to admire a fine male piece of arse?"

"I guess not", shrugged Harry, thinking he, too, could think of girls as beautiful without being sexually attracted to them.

"And Brown is currently figuring herself out, so don't give her such a hard time", Pansy then added, addressing Ron again.

The readhead, with a face colour to match his hair from the compliment still, nodded, looking away.

Harry gave a mocking smirk as he muttered, loud enough for the four of them to hear, even though Draco did not seem to be listening.

"I'll bet my arse she's just embarrassed about Ron's name I reckon is still carved on the wall above her head."

Ron snorted with laughter and Pansy shrieked a delighted You're shitting me, but all Harry could see was the pull of pale pink lips against white skin as an appreciative grin formed on Draco's face who finally looked up from his book.

"Yeah, Hermione told me she did that in Fifth Year with some charm she found in a book. Don't know if she's managed to take it off yet", he said before he could catch himself and felt instantly bad for it. Harry was far from being a mean person, everyone knew that, but he shocked himself at what he would let slip from his mouth just to get that beautiful smile out of the slytherin again.

"Please don't go shouting that around the school, though", he mumbled rubbing his neck.

Pansy offered him a surprising sincere smile and said:

"What do you take us for? Us Slytherins prefer a good gossip over a full blown drama. We deal in backstage blackmails, if anything", she added with a wicked smile.

"And never give away our sources", Draco completed with a smirk and, if Harry wasn't going insane, a fucking wink in his direction.

Was Draco actually trying to kill him, but had just taken a different approach? Because Harry could already see the headlines in Witch Weekly, "Harry Potter, the Boy Who Lived, The Chosen One, The Saviour of the wizarding world, dies of a stroke at the young age of eighteen."