Chapter 13: Mystery

Começar do início

"It hurts." Taehyung says in a strained voice and Jeongguk holds him tightly. Jeongguk wants nothing but to end Taehyung's pain. He's not saying anything because he wants Taehyung to relax completely.

"Gukkie---". Taehyung sobs and Jeongguk closes his eyes, pulling Taehyung's body close as of molding it into himself.

"Sing---please." Jeongguk opens his eyes when Taehyung says this, his body rocking back and forth with Taehyung's. Jeongguk caresses Taehyung's hair softly as he sighs and closes his eyes for a moment.

Taehyung's whimpering and his body is shaking as he does so. Taehyung's hand curls on the fabric of Jeongguk's hoodie as he starts to sing.

"Oh----- to see without my eyes---". Jeongguk pauses and presses his lips to Taehyung's hair softly.

"The first time that you kissed me----". Jeongguk stops when he hears another whimper as Taehyung winces  in pain but it's bearable. Taehyung feels like Jeongguk's soft touch is enough to heal him.

"Keep singing." Taehyung mumbles.

"Boundless by the time I cried. I built your walls around me---". Jeongguk can feel Taehyung relaxing.

"White noise, what an awful sound---Fumbling by---Han---river---". Jeongguk smiles as he hears Taehyung chuckle just so softly at the change of lyrics.

"Oh, oh woe---oh-woe---is me---". Taehyung isn't shaking anymore and his breathing has gone normal yet Jeongguk can feel his rapid heartbeat.

"The first time that you---". Jeongguk runs his finger down on Taehyung's nape and the blonde squirms just a little. "--touched me---".

"Oh, will wonders ever cease?" Jeongguk feels the steady rhythm of Taehyung's heart and his soft breathing.

"Blessed be the mystery---". Jeongguk lowers his arm so he could see Taehyung's face. The tears are dry on his cheeks, his nose red yet he looks so soft---vulnerable. His eyes are closes and his lashes wet. Yet Taehyung is the beautiful person on the world for Jeongguk.

"---of love". Jeongguk whispers as he keeps looking at Taehyung. He caresses his face softly and leans in to press a soft kiss on Taehyung's forehead, lets his lips linger there for a while.

Jeongguk then gently picks Taehyung in his arms and gets up, walking towards his own bed. He carefully puts him on the mattress and covers him with a comforter, watches him sleep soundly as he caresses his hair.

Jeongguk will make sure to take Taehyung to clinic tomorrow. Seeing Taehyung like this today---crying and broken and looking so weak---Jeongguk felt like someone was stabbing his heart over and over again.

His eyes fall on the pills and he walks towards them. These are the normal painkillers and half on them are consumed---and Jeongguk definitely needs to do something. And he needs to keeps reminding Taehyung that there is something he needs to tell him and he should hurry up.

Jeongguk changes into his night outfit and goes to his bed, spooning Taehyung as he welcomes sleep, enveloped in Taehyung's scent.

And the next day, Taehyung was his normal goofy and bubbly self. They didn't talk about the night at all---just shared kisses every now and then.

Jeongguk offered Taehyung to skip the classes and that he should rest but Taehyung knew he'll go insane if he's left alone in the room---even if sleeping.

--------------------------

"Unlock the door." Taehyung says sternly when Minjun locks the bathroom door. Him and his two asshole of friends are in here with Taehyung.