Chapter. 1: I Guess I'm Eating Shit.

(a/n: I finally finished rewriting chapter 1! Yay! I hope it's a lot better than before! 722 words!)

  "Eat shit! Satan! Whoo!"

  In all honesty, it was well deserved, Max understood this. What he didn't understand is, why not blackmail him back? Why not threaten him? Instead of...all...this....
  Grown-ups we're confusing. Gwen and David..were..confusing. Although the simple torment and break worked for most adults, it didn't work very well on them, well, atleast not on David.

  Max wasn't completely sure what he was expecting. He blackmailed his camp counselor for a stupid bear. Not any stupid bear, his stupid bear, and he was paying the price. But why did it have to be this way? Why couldn't it be something...less humiliatingly insufferable...

  His ears tuned out the laughs to the best of their ability. He heard the sound his shitty "friends" laughing at him. God, he hated this camp...or maybe he just hated everything.

  Max felt his head throb a bit,fuck, they were loud...very loud..
  A thought occured to Max, the other campers would probably too busy shitting their pants laughing to notice if he just picked up his bear and walked away quickly, so he did that. Best course of action would be going somewhere quiet, yet some place where nobody could bother him until the whole situation passes over.

  He couldn't hide in his tent since he would have to face Neil and maybe Nikki later. He didn't feel like talking to those dickwads. The Quartermaster's shed wasn't a viable option either,
for...
very...very...
obvious...
reasons...
ergh....
  He didn't want to think too much about it....he quickly picked up the pace and quickly found somewhere to hide.

  Max found himself in the Mess Hall kitchen. Nobody really goes in there with out a good reason, like bothering the Quartermaster, but the camp quickly learned the hard way. Not like Max really cared. This was a good spot for now, and it's before lunch so he would be fine. He sat down and caught his breath.

  What Gwen said hurt more that it should of, atleast to him, he didn't know why. Maybe he felt regret, maybe he felt bad. Maybe it was because of the situation or maybe it just wasn't his day. Could be a bit of both, but still, can you really blame him? The camp got raided, his bear got stolen, he had to go through the trouble of finding dirt on Gwen, using it against her, go almost 2 nights without sleep, and all that, just to somehow fail in the end.... okay, maybe you could blame him a bit, but that's besides the point. The world worked in mysterious ways.

  He exhaled shakily, holding back any tears that would even try fall. He's not a whiney bitch, he wasn't going to cry like one, and he especially wasn't going to loose his cool over something like this. It wouldn't be worth his time nor his energy. Fuck...he was tired. But he did end up getting Mr.HoneyNuts back.

  Max ran his hand along the fuzz on Mr.HoneyNuts, petting it in a simple repetitive motion. He let out a relieved sigh, that sense of familiarity was back. As dumb as it sounded, it was admittedly calming and really took his mind off most of the situation, even if it would only be for a while. It was nice. This brief moment was nice, even with everything that had happened. It was just him and his bear.

  A part of him wanted to just throw the bear to the bottom of the lake, but he wouldn't be able to bring himself to do it. It was one of the few things he had to himself anyway.

  In a sense, it was Bittersweet.

Extra:

  "What you doin' in the kitchen boy? It ain't lunch time.", The Quartermaster stated in obvious annoyance.
  Max sat their a bit puzzled on what he should do, so he lied. "Eh, I was just bored.", He responded.

  "I ain't buyin' it, quit moppin' around, and peel them potatoes.", He said, taking advantage of the situation. Max nodded, putting his bear into his hood, before helping peel the potatoes. He didn't really have nothing else to do, so he wasn't completely lying.