VII

"Dad, teach me how to swim."

It was currently the weekend now. Minju is in the public pool where the swimmers that join competitions train in with her dad, clad in swim attire. She doesn't know why but she just feels so obliged to learn how to execute this sport.

It may be for a certain pink-haired girl but she declines it like she was accused for some murder or something.

"So Minju", her dad comes from behind while pulling the strap of his goggles back and releasing it. It was something he did after diving into the bright blue water. "Should we get started?".

"Dad, it's cold. I don't wanna g-go down..." Minju stutters, ashamed that she was the one asking to be taught how to swim when she can't even submerge her whole body into the water. Funny, right?

"Oh, come on! We already showered. How come you aren't used to the temperature?" His dad facepalmed in disbelief, the refreshing water from his palm hitting his face while keeping his head up by hopping lightly on the nearly six feet end.

Minju still keeps her stance. Curled up in the railings below the water for children being taught for summer class, which they don't have now while having the upper half of her body exposed to the surface.

Without having any other choice, her dad pulls her in. Minju lets out a panicked yelp as her chest came in contact with freezing liquid and felt as if she would die now when her feet didn't came in contact with the ground.

The young girl prayed that if she did die now, she wants God to tell everyone how much she loves her dad, family and friends. She could finally see her mom who she missed so much. She needed to catch up with her-

Enough with the exaggeration, Minju's eyes were shut close as her entire body was under the water. She wouldn't even dare open her eyes even if she had her goggles on. She was just... scared. But isn't the pitch black she was seeing right now supposed to be scarier?

Out of breath, she searches for her dad's limbs and pulled up her body when she grabbed ahold of his arm, panting.

"Did you see what lies under the water?" Her dad asked, eager on passing her talent to her daughter. He now gives Minju her first lesson.

Minju shakes her head 'no' and her dad sighs from that. The girl needed to see how it was more than just seeing yourself push through the heavy consistency of the water, it was an adventure. A bright and fun adventure with you discovering a big blue world, accessed on any pool.

And now, it was time for Minju to discover some things about the blue world.