2.

NENA ADAMS

As soon as I get to my grandmas house I ditch dinner and fall asleep on my new bed.

All I see is flashing lights in every direction, I see my father look at my mother for a second while her face was taken over by fear, then there was an ear piercing scream, only then do I realise it was me who was screaming. "Dad? Mum? No! Someone help! I feel so useless all I do is just cry.

"Nena, sweetheart wake up its just a dream".

I wake up and see my grandma with a worried look on her face and I realise I was having
the nightmares again of the night I lost my parents. My grandma hugs me and holds me while I cry my self to sleep.
***
"Beep beep beep" argh what is that, I bury my face under the pillow.

"Rise and Shine Nena, time for school!" My grandma walks In opening my blinds.

"Graaan" I groan. "I didn't even enrol into a school yet!"

"Don't worry everything is taken care of you just have to get ready and be off to school", she says smiling cause she knows she's won.

"Fine", I roll out of bed dramatically and go into my bathroom and do my Business and have a shower.

I decide to wear blue jeans that stop at my ankles, a flannel with a white shirt underneath and white converse. I let my hair out in my natural waves and put on some mascara and eyeliner.

I make my way down stairs to be greeted with the smell of pancakes, yum my favourite. I sit and eat my pancakes, finish off my juice and take my bag of the counter and meet my gran outside.

"So which school am I attending?" I ask my grandma as we drive.

"Kingston High, its the closest school to the house so I picked it, hope you don't mind though".

"I don't mind gran", I say as we pull up into the schools parking.

"I brought you here early so you can go to your locker and get your time table or whatever you kids have to do these days", my gran says shoeing away an imaginary fly.

I laugh and get out of the car and wave goodbye to my grandma. I enter the doors of Kingston High and follow the signs to the office.

"Hey um.. I'm new. I start to-", I say as I get cut of by the lady at the counter.

"Oh yes Mrs Adams correct", she says way too enthusiastically and I simply nod my head.

"Here's your time table and thats your locker number and combination, thank you", she says shoving the papers in my hands.

"Thank-", I didn't even get to finish expressing my gratitude as she cut me off and shoved me out the door and closed it.

Well that was..... Nice?

Students were filling the hall now so I decided to go to my locker and head off to my class. I check my time table to see that I have English first, I remember passing the class on my way to the locker and headed that way. I was always good with direction, which is pretty much all I'm good at, also If being lazy and eating counts then I'm good at a lot of things.

I enter my English class and most of the class was already there, I decided to take a seat at the back. Once I sat all eyes were on me, two guys in the row in front of me looked at each other, smirked, and faced the front. What was that all about?

The teacher later walks in, he's an quite old man, he's wearing a sweater and some grey pants, he's quite bald and probably the same height as me. Im 5"5 which is a pretty good height in my opinion.