Chapter 1: All Good Things Flow Into the City

Lilly's eyes fluttered as she wakes up, her head pounding she wonders what happened. Last thing she remembered was being beat by her step father's leather belt wishing she was somewhere else even if it was worse than what was happening to her now.

She sat up looking around, Lilly found herself sitting on the steps of a light house; she turned her head to the left and saw dark sky and an ocean. She shook her head "ok what the hell just happened? How did I end up here?" She thought to herself as she stood and turned to the stairs.

"guess I got to go up don't want to end up in that cold water. Not like I know where I am anyway." She mumbled to herself as she started up the wet stone steps.

It wasn't long before she came to a stop in front of two huge gold doors, the left one was semi-open so all she could see was black inside. Lilly hesitated seeing enough horror movies to know not to enter creepy places, but knew she needed to venture through. She sucked in air and walked through, as she stepped through the door behind her slammed shut cutting off the little moon light that spilled threw.

Lilly stood still as lights automatically came on, she looked up to see a bust of a man with a in banner in front that read "No Gods or Kings only Man."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" she asked out loud throwing her hands up and snorted "Like it's going to answer me."

She looked to her left and saw a pair of stairs that led down and to her right the same looking pair, before she could talk herself out of it she began walking down. Stopping Lilly sees a weird looking spherical submarine with the hatch open. She hesitates for only a millisecond before walking through.

The Latch on the submarine type object closed and it started it's decent.

After 18 fathoms a screen comes down over the glass and a projection starts, "I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... (The screen pops up showing an underwater city. Lilly leans against the glass in awe.) Rapture, a city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality, where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well."

As the submarine Lilly found out was a bathysphere was floating into an entrance way words started to light up saying "All Good Things Flow into the City."