“Ashton.”

Luke stared at me before nearly falling over from laughter. He was leaning against my arm, his legs giving way and practically weeping. He was shrieking with laughter and all I could be was confused.

“Y-you like him?” He asked, gasping for air and a few more giggles emitting from his throat.

“What’s wrong with that?” I asked, crossing my arms and not meeting his gleeful eyes.

“It’s just that he doesn’t give a shit about you.” He said, and continued gasping for air as my expression darkened and my cheeks flushed. He thought I wasn’t good enough for Ashton, that I was pathetic for even trying, weak. And the one thing I wasn’t was weak. But I was at a loss for words, I stood there trying to think of something clever and witty to say but found my mind blank, all I saw was Luke laughing.

“I-I don’t know why it’s so ridiculous to you that I could like an attractive business man who works at the same office I do.” I replied, trying my best to keep my chin up as Luke looked down at me with pity written across his face.

“Oh, honey, you obviously don’t see how hilarious this is. You bring him coffee in the morning and do you know what he does after that? He fucks your best friend.” He said with a chuckle as my jaw drops and I feel my heart clench tightly.

“Ariana?” I asked and Luke nodded, his devilish grin that seemed to always be present at the worst times, rested on his face.

“God, she told him you had a thing for him and he laughed his ass off.” Luke continued, obviously enjoying the pained expression I had. I was heartbroken and betrayed and Luke was making everything worse. Luke always made everything worse.

“What kind of sick fuck are you? Laughing at me for something as shitty as this? Do you have no emotions? No humanity? You can be the sweetest guy in the world and next minute you a first class asshole who’s out to make me hate everything. What’s your angle, Luke? Where are you going with this? Cause I would sure like to know. I’m not one of you pawns, I’m a human being and this is shit that I will not put up with!” I scream to him, my eyes on fire as I watched his smile slowly drop and his eyes narrow.

“I’m just proving to you that no one can love you as much as I do! You are fucking mine and you are not leaving me. You are staying with me till the day you die and even when you die, I will be buried right next to you.” He yelled back, body leaning towards me as he got close to my face, glowering down at me.

“You are so possessive! You kill people, you keep them here, no wonder your girlfriend hit you!” I screamed.

I fell to the floor, clutching at the side of my face

I felt like my cheek was on fire and tears blurred my vision as the pain kicked in. I had said the worst thing I had ever said to anyone.

And Luke had hit me.

I heard him sink to the ground, I heard him start crying and I heard him beg for forgiveness. I heard it all, but I didn’t say anything. I refused to say anything to him. I felt shitty but I hoped he felt one million times shittier.

“Baby? Please talk to me. I’m so sorry.” He cried, trying to grab onto my upper arm and trying to pull me to my feet. I sobbed, moving away from his gentle touch, such a contrast between his touch only moments ago. He was sorry, of course he was. But sorry didn’t cut it, not for him, not ever.

So, I pushed him away.

I would always push him away.

----------------------------------------------------

So, I'm sorry if you think I'm trying to make Luke a bad guy. I don't think he really is, but his character in this story is.

Ashton's in the mix now but idk if I want to take his character any further. Let me know what you think and happy halloween guys! -Em