Stuck in the middle

Stuck in the middle

-------------*******************--------------------

I waited patiently for my dad to get home. I knew what was coming what was to behold behind my bedroom door. Right on cue my father barged in I shrunk into the shadows hoping he wouldn't see me if only I was that lucky. The first place my father looked was under the bed and that so happened to be my hiding spot.

"come out here right now!" he yelled loudly.

"dad before you say anything I swear I didn't do it" I whimpered

"well that's not what the news said was it? Huh?!" he yelled

"but you have to believe gme" I said shaking now I had never in my life seen so much anger on dad's face it was like oh I don't even know but it looked bad, real bad.

"believe you for crying out loud sophie you blew up a building not just any building but the Sydney opera house!" he yelled shaking his head.

"but dad I didn't mean it and wait how did you know that I did it? Did it say on the news?" I say suddenly really scared.

"no it didn't say on the news I kind of guessed it myself it's kind of easy to guess when your hiding under your bed and the night before you go off on some mysterious journey" he says pain In his eyes.

It was horrible seeing that pain in his eyes it was like watching a sad movie except you knew that he wasn't some perky actor who used eye drops to make him cry.

"dad im so sorry but I left you a note saying I would be back as soon as I could" I sobbed.

"yes but you blew up the Sydney opera house! What In your right mad told you that way the right thing to do!" he shouted

"I've told you over and over I didn't do it"

He gave me a long hard stare.

"come out of there and say it again" he said

I sighed with relief.

"thank you so much dad"

"I didn't say I believed you I said I want you to say it again" he said queitly.

I crawled out from under the bed and sat leaning against my bed. I let my chocolate brown locks fall down my teired face.

"I want you to tell me that you mysterious trip had nothing to do with the Sydney opera house I want you to tell me that you weren't even near it when it exploded.

Oh crap.

I was silent for a long five minutes.

"well I want you to tell me you love me no matter what" I said lightly father was silent. I had a felling he wasn't even close to telling me that.

"um well the funny thing is that I wasn't anywhere near the Sydney opera house when it exploded and scattered across Australia and portalled into a black hole as for my mysterious trip it did have a little, tiny, minature, microscopic thing to do... With the opera house" I said slowly.

"get out" he said.

"what?" I said

"GET OUT!" he yelled.

He threw the suitcase I had piled high of my clothes from the night before at me and shoved me out the door.

"now dad don't you think this is over reacting?" I asked frantically

"let me think, no" he then slammed the door in my face.

My shoulders slumped.

"great my own dad kicked me out" I muttered to myself.

Now what to do? What to do? What to do? Hmmmm I know Rachel!

I slid my phone out from my pocket.

And dialled rachel's number.

"HEY HOMIE!" she screamed into the phone.

I smiled into the phone. Leave it up to Rachel to make me smile even when I get kicked out of my own home, get accused for blowing up the Sydney opera house and my birthday Is in a few weeks. I sighed life was cruel.

"hey rache" I said.

"what you been up to?!" she squealed.

I then noticed the other voices behind rachel's voice and the music?

"oh nothing much" just the blowing up of the Sydney opera house.

"oh well you should come over and crash the night" she squealed.

"really?" I ask brightening up.

"yer totally we're having a massive party over here" she squealed.

"oh but I have nothing to wear to a party" I sighed.

"that's fine I bought you something for your birthday you can wear!" she said happily.

"oh thank you so much Rachel" I said thankfully

"no probs" she said

"hey guess what everyone sophie is coming!" she boomed.

I heared some druken yays. And set off in my car to rachel's when I got to her house I rang the doorbell a few times but no one answered so I just went in.

I followed the booming music up the stairs and felt completely underdressed in my tshirt and shorts.

Rachel was wearing a huge evening gown that was bright red and huge six inch heels that were red with bows. There were also four boys and two girls there. The girls I recognized were from school the boys I didn't recognize.

"Hey it's Sophieeeee" Rachel bellowed coming towards me. (believe me I didn't know how she walked in heels let alone when she was drunk)

"hey rachey" I say

"oh right! You probably want your pressie right?!" she asked excitedly

"yer sure" I say

We walk back down stairs to her massive bedroom and she opens her closet and shows me the prettiest dress I had ever seen it was White and had a vneck but at the bottom it flowed out. She also handed me 2inch heels that I could easily walk in.

"oh my god" I said in astonishment.

Rachel looked pleased.

"but why I we dressed so elecantly?" I ask

"Surprise! Surprise! Surprise! Surprise! You'll have to wait and see! Now get changed! So we can go!" she bellowed

"go where?" I ask suspicially

"surprise!" she bellowed again.

So far this is all I've written if u guys read it and Like it I'll keep going!

Btw I wrote this in the car to my brothers soccer practise so don't blame me if it sucks and has bad grammar