Chapter 9: Marking Part 2

Jace's P.O.V. 

I was sitting outside waiting on Stark, he said there's a few things I should know before I mark her. Also I need to know what she is. She's not a werewolf I know that, but she's strong. The weather reacts with her moods, and I know there's more than just that. When I came across her in the water, she should've been dead, but her body was just floating over the water like there was a sliver of a float under her body. She hit the water that's for sure, but she wouldn't have drowned whether I was there or not. I've yet to tell her this, but I wasn't aware that the Alpha king had come across her or that her brother's were werewolves. The fact that some thought she still lived with her father, yet she was living on Ravenwood's reserve. Probably so she could still attend normal school using her father's address made sense. Stark stepped outside looking around, mainly paying attention to the sky. He then began to speak to me. 

"You need to know who and what she is, especially before marking her. My father was an impatient man, I told him that she was something more, something more than I could ever be. You see my mother was not a mundane, but much much more. I didn't understand how I became what I was. My mother was not a werewolf, but my father was the King and Alpha of all and still is. When my mother passed he wanted to understand what I was. Simple way to put it, a half breed, but simply was I not. There's this being who fights off evil beings, demons mostly. Now werewolves and vampires fall under the down wordless part, yet these creatures now a days don't mind them, treat them as equals, which is how my mother and father met. My mother was a heavenly creature literally, but was mixed. Half Shadow hunter half warlock or witch some would say. You see these creatures often have special powers that we would never understand. They are heavenly and angelic due to having angel blood in them, but also extremely powerful. When I came across her being in my father's cellar I knew she was one just like my mother. It was completely obvious to me. Once he lost my mother and all the power she had, and me not gaining much from her or him. I am part werewolf and I am part warlock, but I was not born a shadow hunter. Ashley, Ashley was born like my mother. You can't just mark a shadow hunter unless  you are their mate, even then it's a tricky deal.  Which is why my father causes pain through her mark, she's not actually marked it was automatically rejected. Yet the scar is still there, which will result in the binding. Until someone dares to actually do what it takes to become her full mate" Stark spoke the information like it was simple. 

Shadow hunters have been extinct since the eighteen hundreds. I heard that there has been possible sightings, but I hadn't actually thought any were real. Yet I have one right now in my house asleep. I can hear her little heart beat steadily beating and her little breaths relaxed. 

"I thought shadow hunters have been extinct" , I responded to him. 

" Most do, but with shadow hunters they can live for years beyond years with their power. Might as well call them the new time immortal beings. My mother has been around for centuries, she knew tricks and spells that wouldn't even be around if it wasn't for her always being protected. My mother passed away once she knew her children were safe. You see my mother had children before she met my father. Ashley is my half sister. My father is not related to her at all. Ashley's father or that fucking sperm donor isn't even her real dad, she was left with the family who was suppose to protect her and keep her safe, my mother couldn't keep her due to the Alpha king and her safety. I came around a couple years later, but didn't nearly have the power like Ashley. The family was perfect, but when the woman passed away and the father became abusive, Ashley ran to the woods and found safety within werewolves. I knew she was safe and so did my mother. It wasn't until my mother passed and years later my father came across Ashley. He knew from her pale skin and those mesmerizing eyes, she had to be Azazel Elvenova's daughter". Stark told me.