Two.

(A/N: Drama will be starting soon.)

Your POV

I woke up to Mardi curled up on my chest and his cute snores didn't go unnoticed. I carefully placed him in his bed before getting up to stretch. I walked over to my mirror and spotted the picture my grandpa had taken off my dad and I.

Flashback

"Megan, I like you. I'm talking about like like," I said nervously and she kind of brushed it off.

"Donavan asked me to the dance. Should I say yes?" she asked. I sighed and got up. I grabbed my stuff and shoved it in my bag.

"You leaving?" she asked.

"I gotta get home, so let me walk you home," I told her.

"Why? It's early," she said.

"One, it's hot and my grandpa is coming over," I said not really looking at her.

"O- hi, Donavan," she said to the guy, "will you walk me home?"

"Yeah, sure," he said happily. She grabbed her stuff and walked off with him. I didn't say anything. I just walked home. I heard my dad's favorite song blasting I looked behind me to see him pulling up right next to me.

"Get in, baby girl," he said and I laughed. I got in the car and put my bag in the back.

"Hey, dad. I thought you were still deployed," I said as I put my seatbelt on.

"I just got home, but I promised that we'd go see grandpa when I got back, didn't I?" he asked. I grabbed his hand and played with his wedding ring.

"Yes," I said excitedly and he chuckled.

"How was your day, baby girl?" he asked me.

"I got my report card. I have straight As and I passed my French exam," I told him.

"Good job, baby. I'm so proud of you."

"Thanks, dad."

"You're welcome, baby," he said, "You and your mom still not talking?"

"Not at the moment. She's too disrespectful."

"Trust me. I know," he mumbled and I chuckled.

"She broke my door the other day," I told him and he sighed.

"What happened?"

"She got mad that I was playing my game, but I was already done with my work. My door was closed and she went completely crazy. Syd and Nathan can literally fail a class and momma don't care about it."

"I'll talk to her when we get home, but for now, we're going to grandpas and we're gonna see if he has any candy."

"He most likely does," I said resting my head against the headrest, "how was deployment?"

"Fucking garbage. I'm so glad to be getting out. I got shot at and I wasn't even on the field. Niggas lead them right to us. Stupid asses," he said making me laugh.

"You didn't get hit, did you?"

"No, ma'am. Ya boy got the fuck," he said making me laugh. We pulled into grandpa's driveway and he parked his car. He got out of the car and rushed over to my side to open my door. I didn't even realize he was in uniform. He crouched down for me to jump on his back. My grandpa was sitting on the porch laughing at us. My dad ran back and forth with me on his back he jumped onto grandpa's porch and fell over, but he caught himself right before his face could hit the ground. I was red from laughing. I got off of his back and helped him up.