Chapter 5

I hear Yeonjun breathe in sharply, "Cora..." 

I look over to see him looking down at my arm, pain swarming his eyes. I quickly pull down my sleeves, looking away as fast as I possibly could. He stays quiet as we go to sit down while there is an awkward silence as we wait for our orders. Immediately as the waitress who brought our drinks was out of earshot, he cracked.

"Cora... Why?" His eyes reflected the pain in his voice...

"I just... It's complicated..." I look down at my hands resting in my lap.

"Let me guess, it's just your way of crying without tears..."

"Ye-," I stop, surprised, "How did you know..."

"I have suspected you did this to yourself for a while, but I didn't want it to be true..." He pauses, "And... I knew because I used to do it, too..."

He lifts up his gym shorts slightly before rubbing away some makeup uncovering straight lines of skin, damaged from the edge of a blade.

"Yeonjun I-" He cuts me off.

"You know, you are worth a lot more than you think, especially to me..." He looks down as he covers his scars back up, "I know it's hard, but you need to learn that you are amazing, it doesn't matter what the choreographer or manager says, they don't know anything, they don't know the hard work you put into everything you do. They don't know how many mental breakdowns

you've had because you thought you needed to fix yourself. But that's the thing, you don't need to fix yourself because you aren't broken."

I look up at him as he finishes, a single tear slides down his cheek his eyes pleading me to believe him.