Chapter Two: The Vanishing Of Will Byers & Y/N L/N

Start from the beginning

♥︎

The two pant as they run through the thick fog in the forest. They round a bend. Will's house is in sight. A few terrified whimpers escape from their lips as they lose their breath. Both of the children's legs feel like Jell-O and their throats sting from the cold air entering in through their mouths. Their hands are clasped together, so that (Y/N) doesn't fall behind. There are a few streaks of blood on (Y/N)'s leg from the wound she had gotten caused by the bicycle pedals. She barely notices the feeling of the blood dripping down her leg.
(Y/N) and Will run to the wooden door of the Byer's home and Will turns the knob quickly. He swings the door open, pulls (Y/N) inside, and slams the door shut. He secures the door chain while his dog, Chester, barks at the two as they rush in. He must sense that there is something wrong.
"Oh, God," (Y/N) chokes out as she and Will run further into the house still holding each other's hands tightly, that being the only security they have at the moment.
"Mom?" Will calls out, "Jonathan?" Will peeks into a bedroom. No one answers. The house is eerily quiet except for the barking dog. "Mom!" Will shouts again hoping for someone to answer him. He speeds up, searching the rooms desperately for life. There is no luck. Will and (Y/N) run out of the hallway, their adrenaline higher than it's ever been before. They both race to a window in the front of the house and lift up the blinds. The children let go of the comfort of each other's hands to look through the darkness outside of the window. There are clotheslines with the Byer's laundry drying in front of the house. Just as it looks like the coast is clear, a shadowy, dark silhouette comes into sight from behind the fog. The children's stomachs drop and (Y/N) lets out a gasp while tears of petrification start to fill her eyes. Just as Will sees the figure he, once again, grabs the hand of his friend and makes a run for the phone.
His hand quickly shoots out for the yellow phone, clutching it in one hand and letting go of (Y/N)'s with his other, so that he can dial 911.
(Y/N) is trying her best to keep it together. She's tired of running. She's tired of being scared. She's just tired.
The phone rings. Both (Y/N) and Will's breathing is laboured. The phone's dial tone comes to a stop. "Hello?" Will asks. No voice can be heard from the other side of the phone, just static. "Hello?" Will repeats, his tone more frantic. A screech can be heard from the other end of the phone.
"Who is it, Will?" (Y/N) questions with a hushed, frail tone. Will doesn't respond. He just peers around the wall, the phone is still being tightly gripped in his hand and is placed up to his ear. (Y/N) gets close to her friend. She wraps her hands around his arm and peeks around the corner. They stare at the door as a shadow passes the pebbled window, Will's dog whimpers.
Then, the chain lock starts to slide open. Will drops the phone as the lock comes completely undone and the children start to sprint again.
They burst out the back door and dash through the backyard towards a wooden shed. They stumble into the shed and slam the door closed behind them. Both kids are panting. Will grabs a rifle from the wall and drops it on the table. (Y/N) stares in awe. She doesn't feel safe around guns. And she especially doesn't feel safe when a kid her age has one in their possession.
Will retrieves a box of bullets and dumps some out onto the table. His hands quiver as he tries to load the ammo into a magazine. (Y/N) looks around at the walls and starts to gasp for air as she realizes how close that thing could be. She doesn't want to freak out, not now. She wants to be useful, but in a crisis, she is just as tactical as a ragdoll, maybe even more of a burden than just plain useless.
Will inserts the magazine into the rifle shakily and it clicks letting the children know it is ready to be fired. Will picks the gun up and cocks it while positioning it for the door.
"Get behind me," Will orders (Y/N) hesitantly. He isn't sure if he can protect her. He definitely isn't the strongest person he knows, the only ones more fragile than him would probably be (Y/N) and Mike's little sister, Holly.
(Y/N) hovers behind Will, her breath on the back of his neck is making his heart beat even faster than it already is.
Both children are whimpering as they take in air, worrying that any breath could be their last. Their eyes are glazed over in fear.
A low, dreadful growl echos from behind them. They feel as if their hearts had beat right out of their chests and run out of the shed, out of Will's house, and out of Hawkins.
The children start to turn around slowly, filled with dread. They know this could be the end. (Y/N) has a firm grip on Will's arm, almost certain that they could be fused together.
Finally, turning around completely the two look up in horror at the figure in front of them. Their wide eyes gazing upwards. Will mouths, "Please," as he and (Y/N) tremble in terror. The lightbulb above them buzzes with an ear piercing screech and gets brighter and brighter.
Suddenly, the screeching stops. The panting and trembling and growling stops. The lightbulb returns to normal. The night regains it's peaceful silence. The shed is empty. No monster or children in sight.

__________________________________
Hello!! I hope that you're enjoying the story so far! It got quite interesting didn't it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Have a great week♥ ~WoodCeiling

*THE CHARACTERS, THEME, AND SOME DIALOGUE BELONG TO STRANGER THINGS AND THE DUFFER BROTHERS*