Chapter 2

Lloyd and Morro continued their day as normal, luckily avoiding the Chen's kids. Well, until lunch.
    The two decided to go to the nearby subway for lunch, since the school lunch was trash and they never brought their own. Morro paid, and they took their subs outside to a more secluded corner.
    They were talking, and almost didn't notice the person walking towards them.
    "Hey." He said. It was Kai.
    "Uh, hi." Lloyd said.
    "Mind if I join you guys?" He asked. Lloyd noticed he didn't have any food with him.
    "Sure... where's your lunch?" He asked back.
    "Oh, uh..." He trailed, putting a hand on the back of his neck.
    "Ugh, was it that stupid gang? Keeps calling themselves the Sons of Garmadon or something like that?" Lloyd said, distaste clear im his voice.
    "Y-Yeah... How'd you know?" Kai asked.
    "Garmadon, the Sophomore english teacher, he's my dad. He had some legal trouble a few years back and a group of kids started calling themself the Sons of Garmadon because they thought he was badass." Lloyd explained.
    "They're basically a bunch of bullies acting tough. They used to make fun of Lloyd and me when we were in middle school." Morro added.
    "C'mon, I'll buy you a sub." Lloyd offered, getting up. The boys walked inside.
    It was fairly empty, so they had a small conversation while they watched Kai's sub get made. Lloyd learned that his full name was Kai Smith, and his parents worked in a blacksmith shop not too far from Jamanakai.
    "That was the reason I switched when the oppertunity came up, actually. Our parents, my sister and I, wanted us to be closer to home in case of an emergency. Plus, Jamanakai is a better school in terms of grades and stuff." He said.
    In return, Kai learned about Lloyd a little too, though the blonde boy wasn't nearly as open. There were some things Kai felt Lloyd was hiding from him, but he didn't ask. They just met, it probably wasn't apropriate.
    Back outside, Lloyd sat next to Morro again, and Kai sat next to Lloyd, all three leaning against the wall of the building. Lloyd finished his sub and laid his head on Morro, closing his eyes.
    Morro smiled, "I thought you said you went to bed at nine." He said.
    "I lied." Lloyd mumbled. Morro rolled his eyes, putting an arm around the boy.
    Kai watched this interaction. He wasn't going to lie to himself, he found Lloyd very attractive, and after meeting Morro again, he discovered that he was also very pleasing to look at, if a little bit of an ass.
    He wondered if the green streak in Morro's hair was dyed, and what dye he used. It went to his roots and was super vibrant. He must have dyed it that morning.
    "Hey Morro, what dye do you use for your hair?" He asked.
    "I don't use any. The green is natural, It's always grown that way." He said.
    "Oh, sor-"
    "It's fine, I get that question a lot." He grumbled.
    They finished their lunch in silence, tossing the wrappers and walking back towards the school.
    -
    Kai opened the door to his house, slinging his keys on the ring. He dropped his maroon backpack by the door and kicked off his shoes, sighing.
    He walked through the kitchen, grabbing a can of coke and some chips on his way to his room. His room was the smallest in the house, followed by Nya's room and his parents'. He tossed the snacks on to his bed and walked over to his closet.
    He changes out of his basic hoodie and jeans and into a cropped, white top and unbuttoned, red flannel. He threw on a pair of ripped jeans.
    Walking to his mirror, he pulled out one of his dresser drawers and grabbed a pack of makeup wipes. He rubbed off the concealer that had been hiding his freckles.
    Kai had freckles when he was younger, and as he grew older he started to hide them, feeling they made him seem childish or weird. He was embarassed in a way.
    He fell on to his bed, narrowly avoiding the soda and chips, and grabbed his phone off the charger.
    FIYA_BOI_123:
    •Hey
    He texted to the group chat he had with his friends. Nya, Zane, Cole, Jay, Skylor, and Pixel. Most of them had met in middle school, with the exception of Nya and Kai obviously, and Cole and Jay, who grew up together.
    jaywalking_:
    •Hiya!!!!!
    FIYA_BOI_123:
    •Whats up
    jaywalking_:
    •nothing!!! im hanginf out with coleeeeee!!!!
    •hanging* hehe
    FIYA_BOI_123:
    •Cool lmao. I think I made some friends today lol.
    chen.jr
    •Ayy who? I have a track meet later.
    jaywalking_:
    •HI SKYLOR!!!!!
    FIYA_BOI_123:
    •Two kids named Lloyd and Morro. Lloyd's actually the son of the history teacher lmao.
    jaywalking_:
    •Cool!!
    cOle_nOnAme:
    •heyo. saw jay in the chat and decided to see whats happenin.
    FIYA_BOI_123:
    •And they're together, they ride mine and Nya's bus.
    cOle_nOnAme:
    •oh cool. i think we met them too, same bus remember?
    FIYA_BOI_123:
    •Oh yeah, I forgot lol. Different stop tho since you still live in Ninjago. Suprised the buses go that far.
    cOle_nOnAme:
    •they dont, my dad did some stupid thing and now one does. so yeah.
    "KAI!" Nya yelled.
    "COMING!" He yelled back.
    FIYA_BOI_123:
    •Gtg, Nya's yelling at me.
    "I CAN SEE THE CHAT!" Nya yelled. Kai rolled his eyes and tossed his phone to the side, opening his soda before walking downstairs.