Ch 2 Lost and Found

Start from the beginning

ISAC:"SHD tech discovered nearby."

I looked around the small area I was in and saw a man in civilian clothes with a bullet proof vest on. On the man's wrist was a black watch with a faint orange colored around the ring. I came over, as I knelt down I looked at him. I checked for tags and felt metal. All I did was pull and next grabbed his watch, I then looked at his eyes. Once blue and full of life, now dulled since his untimely death.

Me:"ISAC log agent identifaction from MIA to KIA."

ISAC:"Affirmative."

This did it. I've had it to here with shit to deal with. Barrett's gonna get to feel my axe at her throat when I'm done with her. I made my way to the door this time filled with anger and hate. When those doors opened I took aim at any of the Rickers. The sudden surprise of my arrival shifted the Rickers defence at me. However, I was wearing full body armor. I used all of the SHD tech equipment that I had, seekers, turrets, and the deployable shield.
As I made my way down to the main floor I took notice of the second wave agent and a JTF swat unit. They saw me and I gave a two fingered salute as a hello. I then had ISAC establish communication.

Fay Lau:"This is division agent Fay Lau acting division commander. Identify yourself."

Me:"It won't matter I'm just a wolf in sheep's clothing."

I then charged into the Rickers ranks screaming a blood curdling howl and slaughtered them until Barrett was left. She looked at me not with anger or hate. It was fear and terror.
I walked toward her and pulled my axe out. As I inched towards her she fired but did nothing. Once I was close enough I grabbed her by the throat and slammed her on the ground. I did this several times for the agents that got cornered in the subway and Noble squad. I then let go and got up. I still had my axe in my hand.

Me:"This is for the agent I just found in this building."

I said that as I then brought the axe down on her head and split it like a watermelon. I shook the tool to splatter blood on the floor. I looked at the agent and JTF personnel look at me wondering what to do. As I walked closer the swat unit made way for me to walk through. I had one last objective to complete before I could leave, that was to leave no man left behind.
(Time skip)

As I made my way down the street, in my arms was the body of a fallen agent. A teammate, brother in arms and most of all a friend. The welcome committee was comprised of those the JTF, Captain Benitez and who I presumed was agent Lau. As I approached she limped forward on a cruch.
I quickened my pace a bit so she didn't need to go to far. I alowed her to lift the blanket to identify the body. When she did she looked at me trying to see who I was but found myself looking at the Captain's gun, or should I say my gun.

I regained my composure to see that they wanted me to bring the body inside. As I layed the body in the medical wing they took the body away. As a reminder of those who've died I keep their watches, but are deactivated. As I looked around I saw the Captain meet my eyes then head to the security wing. So I followed him and we looked at each other. He then held out his hand and I shook it.

Captain Benitez:"Thanks for the help at the event center."

I didn't reply back but gave a slight nod to acknowledged his thanks. He looked at me like he thought he knew but, the wonders of a new look we'll do to someone. He then started another conversation.

Captain Benitez:"I noticed you were looking at this beauty. It belonged to someone I used to know, they were a first wave agent."

I tried to stay calm but our friendship started when I opened a local bar that would serve off duty officers of the NYPD. Every now and then Benitez would show up and have a drink. I decided to start speaking with a question that I knew the answer to.

Me:"Who'd it belong to?"

He was surprised I spoke but got back on topic.

Benitez:"An old friend who was a first wave agent surprised me that's for sure, but he sadly died some time ago, this was found not far from the walls of the DZ and was given to me to identify and later I was allowed to keep it."

Me:"What if I told you he wasn't dead."

This made Benitez make a face of suspicion and with a hint of anger.

Benitez:"He's dead there wasn't anything else to find and he probably got dumped somewhere."

Knowing this wasn't going anywhere I took my mask off showing him who I truly was. His face showed emotions of happy, sad, shocked and some confusion. With my mask off I know had the chance of being marked as traitor by the division agents, and being recognized by some of the JTF personnel.

Benitez:"How, how are you alive?" He said with a pain stricken look.

Me:"I never died is the thing, I stayed behind to pick up what was left."

Benitez knew the saying to well since I used to say it allot. Then he turned the gun towards me barrel out, next reversing his hand from the grip to the barrel handing it to me.

Benitez:"A good soldier needs his gun to fight the good fight."

I proceeded to take the gun and place it in its holster, and after that put my mask back on.

Me:"This conversation never happened, right?"

Benitez:"Yes agent, whatever you say."

After that I went to leave the building. On my way out I was stopped by
Agent Lau.

Lau:"Thanks for the assist, you saved allot of lives today. You know, you could stay and help out, it would help us very much."

Me:"Sorry but last time I teamed up I almost got executed."

With that I walked out of the bank not looking back and headed back towards the DZ to finish what I started.