~chαptєr 4~

You were practically bouncing up and down in your seat, your ecstasy obvious. The stadium-like room was now full, and you were curious as to who the instructor would be, how the presentation would be like, etc. Iida next to you was sitting perfectly straight, waiting patiently for the teacher. You were doing what looked like a little slime dance as you wiggled in your seat. ‘Wait..where’s broccoli boy Izu?’ You suddenly wondered, turning your head around quickly, searching for green.

The first green you saw belonged to a girl’s hair. She was pretty and looked formal- or introverted- as she wasn’t talking to anybody. Her hair consisted of a lighter green, the strands forming vines. ‘Cool looking!’ You gushed internally, afterward deciding to continue your search. You were seated in the middle-ish part of the room, so you looked behind you, whereas you had seen the vine-girl in front of you.

Looking as carefully as you could, you spotted a couple more eccentric colors before spotting Izuku and Katsuki. They were sitting next to each other, and you winced a little. ‘Probably really uncomfortable for the both of them.’ You mused before hearing loud, dramatic footsteps.

You spun around, now continuing your jittery bounce as you figured the presentation was starting. A few spotlights in the room flickered on and a sparkly gold U.A. symbol appeared on the advanced looking projector screen you hadn't noticed before because it hadn't been showcasing anything. “Woah..” You mumbled, already amazed. Yeah, you were pretty easily impressed. A brown podium rose up from the floor, and you noticed a figure on top of it. It was a man who was wearing a very retro but cool looking outfit. His long yellow hair stuck upwards, but not straight up. He looked like a cockatoo bird. A really cool, retro-looking, two-legged cockatoo bird. 

“For all you examinee listeners tuning in,” Present Mic started, his arms crossed in front of him in a cool pose. You leaned forward, still excited as you anticipated what he would say next. “Welcome to my show today!” The eccentric blonde man continued, probably enjoying the spotlight and attention his “listeners” were giving him. You were on the verge of tears, stars in your (e/c) eyes as you waited further. Iida gave you a worried side-glance, curious as to what was on your mind but still wanting to pay very close attention.

“Everybody say ‘Hey’!” Present Mic shouted in English, putting a hand on his hip and the other around his ear, waiting for a response from the large group of teens. You honestly weren’t fluent in English. Your grandfather had taught you some while your father had shown you the names of some animals that lived in America. You knew very basic sentences and phrases, but you weren't confident with the foreign language. You understood what Present Mic had said, and maybe nobody else did because they were all silent. Nobody responded. Well, except for you.

“HEY!!” You screamed, standing up quickly as your hands balled into fists shot into the air. Happy tears streamed down your flushed face, your bright and sparkly (e/c) eyes glossed with tears. You were just so emotionally moved by this presentation and the idea of actually getting into U.A. “YEAH!” Present Mic shouted back, copying your pose and enthusiasm. “What a GROOVY examinee ladies and gentle-listeners!” Present Mic added on, grinning happily as he had at least got some hype. 

Izuku,-who was about two rows behind you and a few people over- did a double-take as he witnessed his best friend in all her glory, providing an audience response for Present Mic, the voice hero the greenette was getting ready to gush over. “(Y/n)-chan??” Izuku whisper shouted in slight shock even though he knew you probably couldn’t hear. Well, he was wrong because you turned around and winked at him and Katsuki- who gaped in disbelief, his face fixed into an angry, shocked face-. ‘Is this fucking extra seriously TAUNTING ME?! Is this a fucking CHALLENGE? I bet I can cheer louder than damn Spasm..’ Katsuki angrily thought, his face now looking like he’d found the sole thing keeping him from being the number one hero.