001.

CHAPTER ONE
pre-grease

"Can we go to the café?" Sandy asked sweetly

"Can we go to the café?" Sandy asked sweetly. Roxy looked at her in the corner of her eye and smirked.

"Sure," she said, making a left turn where the café definitely isn't. The pair arrived at an old diner that had a giant snowman on top of the roof with a bunch of giant fruits surrounding it.

"What is this place?" Sandy asked. Roxy squinted against the sun's glare to read the sign above.

"Frosty Palace," she hummed. She cut the engine and stepped out of the car. Sandy had a permanent face of confusion as they walked in. Roxy was also new to the place, but that didn't faze her as she sat down at a booth. Sandy bumped into multiple people but eventually took a seat with her sister.

"Why are we here? I thought we were going for tea," Sandy whispered to Roxy, afraid that someone would hear and take offense. Roxy sort of ignored her, grabbing a menu from the table and opening it to look at the food.

"I mean, this isn't really our scene," Sandy said. Roxy snapped the menu shut and looked at the girl in front of her.

"No. This isn't your scene. I'm comfortable in whatever scene isn't yours. If you want to go home, you can walk the five miles," Roxy said, opening the menu again.

"What'll it be?" An older woman with big gray hair walked up to the girls. Roxy set the menu down on the table and Sandy grabbed it eagerly, skimming the contents.

"I'll have an Eskimo pie, please," Roxy smiled up at the woman.

"Oh, I don't think I've seen you around here," the woman smiled back.

"Yeah, we just moved here," Roxy pointed at her sister.

"Where from?" The woman asked.

"Sydney, Australia," Roxy answered. The woman made a surprised 'O' with her mouth and gave a look of astonishment.

"Oh, I'm sure you miss it," the woman laughed.

"Not one bit," Roxy shook her head playfully and the woman laughed again.

"What about you dear?" The woman poisoned her pen and turned to Sandy.

"Oh, um, I'll have the strawberry milkshake, please," Sandy said politely. The woman nodded and wrote something down on her writing pad.

"Well," she turned back to Roxy. "My name is Viola, you can call me Vi, and I hope to see you around more often..."

"Roxanne, but my friends call me Roxy," Roxy smiled. Vi nodded.

"Roxy," Vi left with their orders and Sandy watched her go, turning back to her sister.

"What took you so long in the store?" Sandy asked.