"May I remind you that this place stretches about four-teen miles out— so no, I highly doubt you could find your way out of this place."

     "Four-teen miles!?" I repeat.

     "Yes, I feel bad for the poor saps that had to dig out this place after the great war and all." Papyrus replies.

     "What do you mean?"

     "this place was built after the war between monsters and humans, it's for all monsters who were soldiers who lost their lives in battle; most of our ancestors are here."

     "Why is this place underneath your mansion!?"

     "it was here when we bought the place." Sans shrugs.

     "That still doesn't explain why you brought me down here." I add.

     "(Y/n) is right, let's not forget why we're here in the first place." Papyrus says as Sans and I follow him deeper into the catacombs.

     The catacombs had gotten colder the farther we went out; every narrow hallway we went down branched out into an inter section of four hallways, yet Papyrus knew the right path every time. We finally stopped at a large opening that lead to a room that had no tombs carved out on any of its walls, but only had multiple candles that were lit all around the room. The warmth of the candles surrounding us would've been comforting if the room didn't look like it was made for some kind of ritual.

     "Why is this room different from all the others?" I say nervously.

     "I've been asking that question myself, there are a few other rooms just like this one but I figured this one in particular would be perfect for you to give The Oath of Silence." Papyrus explains.

     "The Oath of... Silence?"

     "it's called omertà: in the event if ya got captured for questionin', takin' the oath of silence is you promisin' not to give out any form of information under any circumstance, whether it be through questionin' or torture." Sans finishes.

     I had gotten so caught up by the idea of being part of a mafia that I almost forgot about its darkest parts once you are a member.

     "If I'm being honest here, Sans and I don't really know how to go about this Omertà thing since the Venatores haven't really accepted new recruits for a long time."

     "what paps is trying to say is that we have no idea what we're doing." Sans sighs.

     I was just as lost as they were, I'd never thought I would be in catacombs taking an "Oath of Silence" in order to join a mafia who's members are actual monsters.

     "Ok, I will follow my word to the Omertà." I say knowing that I had most likely messed up the pronunciation.

     Sans and Papyrus were surprised by my straight forward response.

     "ya sure about this, doll? you can't go back on your word once ya make this decision."

     "Why would you say something like that? You're the one that suggested the idea that she join the Venatores in the first place!" Papyrus scolds.

         "I'm aware of my decision Sans, and I've made up my mind." 

     "Then it's official, (y/n) is hereby one of us." Papyrus says clasping his gloved hands together.

     I felt a chill rush through me the moment I heard those words and swore I felt a slight breeze coming from the darkest depths of the catacombs.