He clamped his fists together, smashing them down where you stood, his speed unbelievably difficult to trace.

"Shit--!" You were crushed down into the ground, your ears ringing as he pulled back both his fists to deliver multiple blows.

It was a mystery how your body was still in pieces as he stood back, breathing rough.

Your back was stinging in a strange manner, most likely due to the cut off in sensory receptors..

That's how damaged and bruised you were.

But even through all his temperamental outbursts, you managed to stiffen your arms, so they remained crossed over your chest, sword still whole in your grip.

He soon noticed this and let out another growl, "DAMN WOMAN!!"

Your muscles twitched back to life, a gasp leaving your lips as you stumbled back up. Dried and fresh blood decorated your legs and arms as your face was barely recognisable.

Your eyes were partially open, but the glint of hope that you kept, still flowed deep within them. Your hair clip just about hanging in your (h/c) locks.

"WHY ARE YOU SO DAMN PERSISTENT!?" He threw his fists back down, causing a crater to dent the earth.

His eyes widened as he spotted you midair, sword poised to attack,

"..A lonely soul can often wander off into the depths of despair, " Your mark grew more prominent, "But a beacon of light can change all of that!"

He braced his arms as you swung your blade down,

"Goddess of Spring; Merciful Downpour!!"
🌸

The demon let out a shocked gasp as he fell to his knees, and you dropped behind him, putting your hands on your chest as you struggled to control your breathing.

He choked on air as you breathed heavily, "H-How?"

You too fell to your knees, the punctured lung in your chest not enough to kill you, but enough to hurt a tonne.

"Quit being overdramitc.." You let out a shaky laugh, "I-It's not enough t-to kill you.. It'll just keep you out my hair whilst I heal.."

There was a silence as the tension in the air grew unbareable.. Accompanied by the occasional clash between Urokodaki and the demons.

The both of you wishing to end each other, but neither were physically capable..

It was strangely bone-chilling.. yet, comforting.

"We are alike in a way.." You barely spoke loud enough, glancing at your blade, "But I suppose it's been a while since I've felt the same emptiness as you."

"Shut up, you know nothing woman.." His hand twitched as you frowned, "Don't you dare try and state that we could have ever had such similar twisted fates--"

"..You finished..?" You got up, blade in your hands, "I actually want to make a negotiation.."

"What." He spat, though you brushed off the harsh delivery.

You crouched in front of him, "In a few moments, reinforcements will arrive.. Most likely a Pillar due to the threat level I implied.."

He said nothing as you thoughtfully chose your words, "So far, all you have proven to me is that you are a pathetic mess.. Talented, but a mess nonetheless."

His arms slowly quivered as you took a palm and pressed it against his huge forehead.

"I don't enjoy doing this, especially when I can see myself within those I defeat, " You noticed how he shut his eyes, "..Become my friend."

His eyes shot open, tears collecting at his bottom lashes.

"I-I beg of you, kill me whilst I'm still down.. I murdered my brother--"

The pain in his voice hurt your soul as his words were all too relatable..

"..This isn't mercy, this is your punishment," You put your blade away, crossing your arms, "I've already chosen to spare you.. Don't make me regret it."

"..Unbelievable.." He laughed in disbelief.

He knew it and so did you. This was the strangest relationship you had ever created.

I can't begin to express my appreciation to all my readers for actually getting my book to this many reads...

Is it that good!? 😫😫😂

Honestly, thank you all for reading.. ❤