Great!

I hear the door closing. I sit up straight and stare at nothing in particular. How could he leave without an explanation. Was I that irrelevant in his life? Did he even think about me? Will he ever care for me? A tear rolls down my cheeks which I angrily wipe off.

I wasn't the type to sit and cry at anything. If one thing my childhood has taught me was not to cry. It was something that I had drilled into my mind. Whenever I felt crying it would automatically turn into anger. And when angry I shut down myself. Numb. That was all I would feel. But would put on a mask since I didn't want Megha and my brother to worry. Then when my mind calms down I'll be back to normal. That was how I worked.

I wash my face and go to the hall where the tv was still on. I flip through channels not in a mood to watch any film or crappy serials and finally rest on Animal Planet. At least this is more interesting than my life right now. There were a few tourist guide books on the tv stand and I start looking into it. I find a few places to go tonight so switching the tv off I go to dress up.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

A week had passed in Paris and I was lucky to find a few new friends and catch up with some of my old classmates from college. I was almost done with all the sightseeing and trying most of the restaurants and takeouts here. I had also purchased souvenirs for Ma, Dad, Megha and others. Tonight I was to meet up with some of my friends, in a club in the evening.

We were sitting in the VIP area of the club since Alexis, one of my new friends, boyfriend did own the club. Drinks and jokes were on full swing when I saw the least expected person there. To check if my mind was playing I pinch myself, I knew I couldn't hold alcohol well so I only had a fruit punch. But he was still standing there staring at me with some unrecognizable expression on his face. I thought it was better to walk up to him rather than him coming here. Excusing myself from my friends I go talk to him.

"Hi sir.", Shaheed sir was standing there as if ready to kill someone.  

"What are you doing here?", his voice cold and body tensed.

"Oh! Nothing. Just catching up with my friends.", I shrug and tell him.

"You have been drinking?", he asks with distaste.

"God! No.", so that was why he is cold with me. "It's just fruit punch. "

"Oh. Sorry.", he relaxes ,"I didn't want you getting hurt. By the way where's Arjun?"

Blood drains from my face. He notices that and ask me if I wanted to talk about it. I nod slowly bitting my lip to stop myself from crying.

For the past week I have been avoiding any thought about him. One night when I came back to my hotel room after sightseeing, the bedroom was lit with scented candles and the bed was beautifully decorated with rose petals. I felt like breaking down and what I did next is only a blur to me. Pulling the sheet off the bed and scattering the petals all around the room, blowing the candles off and walking out the room to the bar downstairs. Though drunk I had returned back safe in my room and passed out in the balcony. The next morning was terrible with the headache. When I asked the roomservice with the incident they told that they were instructed by a lady on the phone to do so. My best guess is the lady was none other than Ma.

I didn't know why but I kind of did trust Shaheed sir. After all there weren't many who truly cared about me. The first time I talked to him, I already had a feeling I knew him. Maybe it was why I poured my heart to him all about my parents and Arjun. All the hurt I have been carrying ever since. He was patient with me, but tensed up every time I talked about my parents. And first time in ages I cried. I cried my heart out.

He drops me back at my hotel after telling me what I had to do. As soon as I reach my room I pack my bags and do what he told me.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Soon I reach the airport and call Ma to tell her to pick me up when I reach back home. She panicked when I was coming back short notice and asked me what happened. Telling her I'll fill her the details when I reach I cut the call.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Ajay, Megha and Ma were waiting for me at airport. They all welcome me with hugs and we get into the car. Ma and Ajay in the front while I and Megha get in the back.

"What happened Pooja? And where the hell is Arjun?", Ma asks even before the engine starts.

"Sightseeing was completed in one week and I didn't have anything to do there. And as for Arjun he was busy with work.", at least I wasn't lying. Megha was looking at face trying to read me but I did know a good deal to act.

"Pooja, stop bullshitting and tell me what happened?", Ma's voice cold and serious.

I roll my eyes, just for exaggerating my acting, and sigh, "Seriously Ma! Fine. We went there, he was busy with work and asked me to do whatever I wanted. I went for sightseeing and it was like over within a week. And what else was I supposed to do? Sitting all day in front of tv? I didn't even take my laptop there so at least I could do some work. So when Arjun told I can go back whenever I wanted to, I didn't wait, came here in the next flight."

Whatever I told wasn't lie. Arjun's actions did speak these things. Shaheed sir had told me to tell the whole of the truth to Ma as soon as I reached. But I couldn't just put Arjun under the truck. He may not care for me but I do really care for him and I don't want to see him upset because of me. The same way I cared for my parents. And also I didn't want Ma, Megha or Ajay to get worked up on the shit he put me through. After all my life was supposed to be shit!

I guess Ma was convinced because she doesn't ask me anything more. But from everyone's faces I knew they were still thinking about it so I decided to change the topic a bit.

"How is the baby doing Megha?", the ride back home was filled with baby talks.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

********************************************

Another chapter here.....

Enjoy reading.........