These Things I Wish I Didn't Know

Începe de la început

Chauntelle followed me, "You got coffee?" she asked.
"I'll start some." I smiled at her.
I wanted to kiss her, but I knew I couldn't with everyone around.
"Does anyone know?" She leaned on the counter next to me.
I shook my head, "Nope. Nobody knows a thing." I glanced up at her.
"My sister ask any questions?" I asked.
"No, like I said, she thought I was with my family." I started the coffee pot.
"We should do that again sometime." She said, smirking.
"What about Michelle?" I asked, looking toward the hallway.
"There are ways to work around my sister, trust me. You already know that as soon as she can, she's going to start spreading her legs for him again." She nodded toward the living room.
"You really think so?" I sat at the table.
"Chester, he's in love with her, and she obviously has feelings for him too, or they wouldn't have been together after she left you. I mean, she admitted that you were bigger, and why in the hell would anyone downsize for someone they didn't have feelings for?" She asked.
I chuckled, "Maybe you're right, but I still think she did it just for the sex. She couldn't get it from me, so she had to get it somewhere, and when she left me, she knew he was a safe bet, that he'd give her anything she wanted because he was in love with her. I don't think she's in love with him, because when they were together, she was cheating on him with me." I said.

Chauntelle glanced over her shoulder to make sure we were alone, and she kissed me, hard.
"Stop coming up with reasons not to do it, and just go with the primal urge." she whispered.
I heard the bedroom door open, and I stepped away from her, turning to the sink.
"Hi sweetheart, Hi Chaun." Michelle said, walking in.
"Hi sis, how'd you sleep?" She asked.
"Not long enough." Michelle sat down at the table.
"Baby awake?" I asked.
She shook her head, "Not yet. Shouldn't be too much longer before she's hungry again though." She replied.
"Hey there she is." Mike walked into the kitchen and leaned down to hug Michelle.
He kissed her cheek, and Chauntelle gave me a look.
"Hi sweetie." Michelle smiled at him.
"Brynn still asleep?" he asked, sitting beside her.
"Yes, but she'll be hungry again any minute now." Michelle answered.

"How are you feeling?" He reaches out and tucked a stray lock of hair behind her ear.

"Tired, sore, but I'm okay." Michelle shrugs.

Chauntelle nudged me with her elbow and I looked at her.

"Look at the way he's sitting, his body language. He's doing everything he can to be as close to her as possible. And she's letting him." She whispered.

"Chaun, he's just being nice to her, he's always like that." I said.

She gave me a look, and looked back at them.

Mike was talking to her, and she was just smiling at him.

Suddenly, Brynlee's cry cut through the quiet, and Michele stood, "I'm going to feed her, then I'll bring her out to see everyone once she's changed."

"You need help?" I offered.

She smiled, "No baby, I can handle it. But if I do, I'll call for you." She turned and walked down the hall.

"So, you still got a thing for my sister or something? Because you two were awful close just then." Chauntelle said.

"Chauntelle Elizabeth!" I said.

"What?? You saw it too." She shrugged.

"Oh no, no. Of course not. I was just talking to her. It's not like that anymore. We've moved past all of that." Mike said.

"Could have fooled me, the way you were smiling like a fool, and playing with her hair." Chauntelle gave him a look.

"Her hair was in her face. I just moved it. It's nothing like you think, Chauntelle. Chester knows, don't you?" He looked at me.