16~Tucked away Hideout~

Start from the beginning

"Somewhere without people. I don't want to deal with them right now." Alexios groaned, stretching out his muscles. Sophie snorted, in honest agreement with him. Alexios's eyes fell onto the nearby woods, their memories soaring back to them. They spent hours and hours in those woods, creating structures and making up wild stories. Sophie remembered the large cave they found that they camped out in when they were kids.

"Race you to the cave?" Sophie asked, her fangs poking out.

"You're on," Alexios said, already darting off. Sophie ran forward, following her speedy fast brother. As much as Sophie loved her usual look, Sophie had never felt freer than when she was in her Pancras form. Her muscles roared with excitement and power, she breathes, keeping up with her insane Pancras speed. Sophie smelt the whirlwind of smells, her heightened senses, allowing her to see and smell everything. She smelt the thick pine and birch wood from the trees around them, the aroma of the crisp berries. Alexios and Sophie whooped and hollered as they soared through the woods, jumping over rocks, trees, and boulders. Every step Sophie took, she felt her stress melt away from her. No, not melt, rip apart from her. The wind and speed ripped and pulled her worries and struggles away, leaving Sophie raw and full of power. Alexios jumped over a boulder and landed next to Sophie, flashing a wild smile. Sophie smiled back, the two of them neck and neck as they ran. Sophie heard Alexios growl and press his speed faster. Sophie gasped and tried to match his speed, but Alexios screeched to a stop, right before a large cave.

"Beat you." Alexios panted. Sophie lifted up a finger and panted out her lungs herself. The two of them slowly shifted back from their Pancras form, and slowly entered the cave.

"Ugh, I don't know why we liked this place so much as kids..." Alexios said, his hand wiping on the wall and coming away with sticky moss. The two siblings hit the end of the cave, a towering wall near the end. Sophie heard more of the cave, however beyond the wall. Sophie and Alexios looked at one another and then started to pull themselves up the wet wall. Near the top of the cave wall, Sophie pulled away from her hand on saw it covered in the same slimy moss. Sophie took her hand ad rubbed it on Alexios's shirt, Alexios staring at her, annoyed.

"Really?" Alexios asked, looking at his shirt.

"What?" Sophie snapped.

Even though they may be close friends, Sophie and Alexios were still siblings. And they always acted like it.

Sophie pulled herself over the edge of the cave wall and pulled up Alexios. Sophie turned around and gasped at the extensive cave system before her.

"I remember why we liked this cave so much," Sophie whispered. The cave had tall rocks and walls, glittering stones laced in the thick hard rock. There was a large lake in the middle, a large glittering teal and lilac color mixed in the water. The gems and rocks glowed bright purple and blues, illuminating the dark caverns. The water had small particles floating around, the subtle dripping of water echoing through the cave.

 The water had small particles floating around, the subtle dripping of water echoing through the cave