5

The two boar children have now grown up into capable 10 year olds.

All these years on the mountain, hearing, touching, smelling, tasting, seeing, has honed all their senses.

However, their sense of touch has always been the forte of these two children.

They have developed the ability to sense even the slightest changes in the air around them, even the vibrations.

Inosuke, being the smart child he is, co-developed a breathing technique called 'Breath of the Beast' with Inoka.

It is slightly derived from the wind breathing that Inoka saw when a rude demon slayer with a scar across his eyes went through the tiny village she and Inosuke visited and used the 'Breath of the Wind', in order to kill a demon that was haunting one of the houses and eating old ladies at night.

She remembered only parts of it, but they were enough to help create the 'Breath of the Beast' they use, which takes advantage of your sense of touch.

Of course, she made sure that even though she helped, Inosuke didn't know she stole parts from the Breath of the Wind user.

Their mountain and village sometimes have a few strange, bloodthirsty visitors, but they are unwelcome.

They tried to eat old gramps last time, but Inosuke kicked them in the head.

It wasn't enough, however, so they had to grab an axe and tried to chop it's head off.

However, just before they cut off it's head, or attempted to, the sun came up, so there was no need to do that as the demon disintegrated.

Inoka doubted they were strong enough anyways; 2 ten year olds trying to chop off a fully grown, weird man with cat eyes and fangs that tries to eat people.

Inosuke was already trying to train at that point and be strong, so he could protect Inoka.

However, he knew, even though he was so prideful and arrogant, that he may not always be around to save her.

In order to overcome that obstacle, he dragged her into training with him; mainly headbutting trees and killing animals for food.

She would do half of the 'exercises', then hang on to him to be extra weight since she got too tired.

After 2 years of this training, Inoka got strong enough to do all the 'exercises' on her own.

After 5 years of this training, they were able to lop off the heads of the demons that passed through their mountain and threatened to kill the villagers of the mountain.

Through an encounter by chance with 2 unlucky demon slayers, Inosuke and Inoka took their swords while wearing their boar masks, laughing evilly and cackling.

They also took the information on how to get these swords through them; the Final Selection, which was located a few mountains over in their mountain range.

Inoka heard that apparently, the Breath of the Wind user she met a few years ago had passed that selection.

She wanted to pass too, and be strong like him so she could fight beside Inosuke!

They didn't even know each other's names, and they practically grew up together since they just grunted to each other or yelled 'Hey!'. Their names were even on their clothing, but since they couldn't read and they didn't want to talk to people other than grandpa and the young man, and the young man had left the village with his girlfriend and the grandpa had sadly passed on.

Their only choice to learn more about the world was to go to the examination.

"Hey, I think that if we take the Spinal Selection or whatever it's called, we can get more swords!" Inosuke told Inoka one day.

"Really? I don't like these swords; they're too chipped and I don't like this yellow."

"Me neither; this is a really ugly brown colour! I think it's in a few days, so we should start making our way there now!" Inosuke proclaimed.

After saying goodbye to their boar siblings, and praying for the deceased boar parents, they left for the final selection mountain.

(Them trying to get to the mountain)

(If there are any mistakes or you have any suggestions for the plot, please message me or comment :) also, please vote~ it means the world to me, and it also lets me see if you guys are enjoying the story or not~ thank you 🐗)