The Truth

Once they were safely out of earshot, Kitri's tone was far less polite.

"Alright, that is enough." She stated, slowing down to a stop far outside of the walls surrounding Hel. "I know it is you... Feel free to stop pretending."

Odin turned around to glare at Kitri. "You are in far too much trouble to be speaking to the me in this way, woman. And after I welcomed you into my realm!"

Kitri stood her ground, crossing her arms. "I am in no mood for jests, Loki."

"Nor am I..." Odin stated, as he slowly closed the distance between them. "And when I say you are in trouble with me," he growled as he began to transform, stretching taller and more slender than Odin's burly form.

His voice changed more and more with each spoken word, until the fully formed Loki stood directly in front of her, his tone growing sensual. "I mean you are very much in trouble with me, kitten."

He leaned in, stopping only inches away from her face. "And believe me, I very much plan on making you submit to me as punishment..."

His last words were but a sultry whisper, and Kitri closed her eyes as she shook her head, trying to avoid having any of the flooding unpure thoughts be noticed by him.

She was still upset with him, but seeing him again after what had taken place in Hel was not unpleasant, as much as she hated to admit it.

She tried to think of what to say to change the subject and just noted the first thing that came to mind.

"Stole Odin's horse and everything, huh? I guess I did not completely see through your acts, as I had expected that to be a part of the illusion." Kitri nodded towards Sleipnir, who was happily stomping his eight hooves around the cool ash covered ground, watching the ash rise up into the air in small puffs.

"I prefer the term borrowed." Loki said with a sly grin, placing one hand on her hip and forcing her to look up at him by lifting her chin with one of his fingers of the other.

"In a sense, Sleipnir is more mine than his anyhow." Loki said with a chuckle. "A gift of good will. From me to my undeserving father, from many years past."

"What do you mean more yours? You found him?" Kitri asked pointedly as she furrowed her brows, gently pushing his hands off of her.

"Not quite..." Loki said with a sigh as he rolled his eyes. "Nevermind that. I am aware you are upset with me, but I need you to know the full truth before you end up running off again."

Kitri stepped back with a light scoff. "The god of lies wishes to come clean? You jest..."

Loki suddenly looked angry and somewhat hurt, and he grabbed onto her wrist and harshly pulled her toward him.

With close to no restraint, he funneled the entirety of his memories of her into her mind. The memories of how they met and quickly started spending more time together. All the sadistic pleasure they shared at the cost of others, along with the simple mutual understanding of true companionship that came to be as time went on. All the events leading up to her death, along with his success at resetting it all was laid out in front of her.

For her... In some twisted way, but all for her.

Although she initially began to protest, she went silent, absorbing it all and even pulling more details out of his mind than he originally meant to share. She was practically starving to know what had happened once she got a small taste, and was unable to control her desire to find out.

They were both completely different people now. In the same time and space as the time Loki jumped from, but the circumstances had changed enough to feel like this other reality was nothing but a fabricated fever dream.