the one with the strange spell

"Does the lion apologize to the sheep for being at the top of the food chain? No. They accept their role and have a feast."

DESDEMORAE.

Desdemorae.

Desdemorae.

I kept thinking about that word. It wasn't spell, or a charm or a potion. It wasn't even a word. It wasn't anything. But I had had strong feelings about it. I didn't know why or what it was supposed to mean. It had been on my mind since I first saw the revolver.

I kept thinking about it and why it bothered me so much as I made my way down the coaches to where I presumed Draco would be. I found him sooner than I expected. He was, as expected, a Prefect, unlike me. His work was to patrol the corridors. And I had bumped into him as I was passing the cabin where Hannah, Susan and Michael Corner was sitting. I was so deep in my thoughts, that j didn't even see him. So, imagine my surprise when I'm suddenly engulfed in a hug by a boy in black.

"Skylar," he whispered into my hair. "Wait," he looked at me as I smiled sheepishly, trying to contain my giddiness at his sight. "What have you done to your hair?"

It wasn't a shock. I was known for my colour changing hair and eyes. It was completely out of my control as I was, and I am certain, not a metamorphmagus. But I certainly hadn't expected my hair to turn into a dark brown from it's original fiery red when I cut it off.

"It was uncontrollable, Draco," I grinned. "But don't I look just gorgeous?"

He brushed a few locks out of my face with an amused look. "No, you don't," he said. "You look like Potter."

I huffed and feigned annoyance. "I'm supposed to look at little like Harry, aren't I? We're cousins."

He laughed- Merlin, I missed his laugh- and pulled me in for a kiss. It was soft and sweet, just like I had remembered, and I swear Michael whistle from his cabin, to which, I swiftly magicked the curtains down with a wave of my hand.

"I missed you," said pulling away, "and your little tricks."

"I missed my little tricks too, Draco. It's so hard to stay away from magic. I was dying to use-"

"I'm glad to know you missed me too," he said, still with that amused half-smirk. I blushed. And realized, he still made me feel like the same girl who came giddily into Hogwarts, a place out of her storybooks, in the middle of Third Year.

"I missed you so much, Draco. It was deafening to hear from you only through letters," I said linking my arm with his. "You know who else I missed?"

"Who?"

"Nott. What's he been up to? I particularly practised a few jinxes to use on him through the year."

Draco laughed heartily-oh, my god-as led me down the coaches to where my dear Slytherin friends were seated.

Pansy, who was talking hushedly to Blaise, jumped up the second she saw me and engulfed me in an embrace.

"How have you been?" She practically squeaked. "With all that's going on, you don't even write to us all that much!"

"Hi Pansy," I laughed. "It was a little preoccupying this Summer, honestly."

"Yeah?" Blaise prompted. "Doing what?"

"Studying for the OWLs of course," I said. "The syllabus is going to be huge. And with the amount of trouble I get in, I highly doubt I'd have enough time studying for it in Hogwarts."