It was the only way he'd be able to stay sane in this place.

"The first test, huh," he said, pretending to think about it. "Well, as long as it's not a math test, I think I'll be good. I think I flunked math, actually. Probably because I'm too busy fighting you guys."

He needed to get out of here soon.

These tests, however much he made a joke about it, weren't going to be fun. He could tell that by the underlying tone of happiness in Tombstone's voice.

And, in all honesty, Peter was scared.

He knew he shouldn't be, he was Spider-Man, he'd be fine, he always got out of tough situations, but this time?

He feared for his life.

~~~

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my -"

"Shut up, Ned, you're being unholy," Harry said, shoving him as they walked into Stark Industries. "Besides, it's just a sciencey place, it's not that exciting."

Next to Harry on his other side, Gwen was looking around with awed eyes.

"This place is so cool," she breathed, enjoying the sights, even though they were only on the first floor and hadn't really been anywhere yet.

They all jumped - excluding Bruce, who, of course, lived here - when a voice spoke up, surrounding them.

"Welcome, Mr Banner. There are three unidentified guests, should I alert Mr Stark?"

"No, no, it's okay, FRIDAY," Bruce assured her, smiling up at the ceiling, "they're with me. We're going to Tony."

"I will tell sir that you are on your way."

"Thank you, FRIDAY," Bruce said, walking past the security checks when the guards realised who he was. "Ignore them," he said to them when they took notice of the three teens, "I'm showing them the lab."

The guards took a step back, going back to their stations by the security checks.

"That FRIDAY thing was pretty cool," Harry admitted. "You're saying that Tony Stark created that himself?"

"There was JARVIS before FRIDAY," Bruce said, before wincing. "But there were some... problems."

Ned nodded, understanding.

Vision.

("Tony still feels close with Vision," Peter had told Ned confidentially, "but Viz doesn't feel the same way, because he's not the same person anymore. It's hard sometimes, but I just make them spend time together, and they're fine.")

"I heard Tony's making some glasses as well," Bruce added thoughtfully. "I wonder how he's going to do them. He said they're going to be even more advanced than anything else he's made - a last resort, of sorts."

"That's awesome," Gwen whispered, smiling at all of the things around her.

She felt at home.

They all did - even Harry, who had never been one for tech and science. His father had put him off of it even more since he became... Yeah.

"Come on, guys, hurry up!" Harry spoke suddenly. "Stark's not gonna hang about for long, we've gotta tell him our information about Pete before it's too late!"

Harry neglected to say whether it was already too late.

~~~

"The first test," Tombstone spoke, his voice echoing throughout the room that only held himself and Peter, "is to see how resistant you are against electricity."