Chapter 2: Sisterly Love

*3rd Persons POV*

"Violet!" A girl called out as she let her bags down with a huff. Her grey eyes scanned her surroundings, taking in all the details of the place that her sister was staying in.

She mumbled a 'wow' under her breath as she walked further into the quarter, her ankle boots sounding on the stone floor.

"Violet if you aren't in I swear to god-"

"HEY!" Violet jumped down from the stairs and practically suffocated her sister with a large hug. The surprise of Violet's actions sent Mae tumbling to the floor with her sister lying in top of her.

"Ow!" The blonde complained, pushing Violet off of her body so she could rub her back.

"I'm so glad you're here!" Violet chimed from on the floor as she rolled her head from side to side "Klaus has been so boring and a bit of a douche to be honest."

"He's your boyfriend. He's meant to annoy you." Mae replied bluntly, picking herself up off the floor and helping her sister along with her.

"No. Boyfriends are meant to amuse me and make me feel happy." She said "A week ago Klaus bit a vampire to 'make a point' and I made him cure him otherwise world war three would have broken out."

"You're being dramatic." A new voice cut in before Mae could voice her opinion. Klaus appeared next to Violet so he was facing Mae.

Violet didn't say anything but put her hand over her now erratically beating heart from his sudden entrance.

"Says Mr. 'Im looking for a war'." Violet mimicked Klaus from the previous night with Marcel, putting on an incredibly bad British accent. Mae suppressed a giggle at her sister and looked at Klaus to hear his reply.

"It will only be a matter of time love. Marcel thinks he can run my city." Klaus began to walk away from them with his hands behind his back.

He swiveled on his feet so he was facing them "And I intend to get my city back."

And with that, Klaus disappeared from the quarter. Violet let out a growl of annoyance and she looped her arm through Mae's and pulled her up the stairs with her bags in her free hand.

As Mae was pulled into Violet's bedroom, she paused at the door and took in the elegant room around her.

"This is your room?"

"Technically it's mine and Klaus' room. But yea, come in, make yourself at home." Violet turned around, paused, then turned back to Mae who had carelessly chucked her bags onto the floor and was in the process off jumping onto the king-sized bed.

"I didn't mean it literally." Violet muttered, shaking her head slightly as she then joined Mae at her side on the bed.

"So, how's Mystic Falls?"

"Dismal." Mae sighed "Caroline's upset that you're gone and won't talk to anyone since the whole Elena and Bonnie thing... The Salvatore's are still fighting over the Doppelgänger and Matt is now extremely good at making Mocha's." Mae explained which caused her sister to bolt upright.

"Matt makes Mocha's?" She questioned. Mae nodded her head "Damn, I need me one of those."

"... How's Caroline coping?" Violet added, making sure she wasn't ignoring the more pressing matters other than the fact that their friend could make a hot beverage to an exceptional standard.

"They broke up in the end." Mae sighed, a sad smile on her face.

"Seriously? I thought they found a way to break the sire bond."