"Trust me Duffy, I have nothing wrong with women, especially women in character." Watson makes an incredibly sexual gesture at Jesse which causes Micah's face to slowly form into disgust.

Griffin and Watson begin to bicker back and forth, which gives Micah an opportunity to start to slip out. When I take notice, I catch up with her and capture her frail wrist in my hand. She stops moving and slowly turns to me, her eyes low.

"I'm sorry about them. They're...a handful," I say, apologetically, watching her head raise to me.

"It's fine, really. I just don't know if I should hang out. I feel like I would totally mess up the flow you guys have going on."

I scoff. "That's nonsense. You're really cool and we want you there, trust me. Also, there's no Sidney and I can keep Watson as far away from you as possible." She snickers at the last bit, which makes my heart swell slightly.

I finally let go of her wrist and bring my fingers up to her face to brush some of her hair behind her ear. I feel her body essentially melt against my touch and quickly pull away, shoving my hands into my pocket.

"You don't have to say yes. If you said no, I would totally understand. But...it would be great if you did come. We could even slip out during the movie and go somewhere private, if you wanted," She raises her eyebrow and accompanies it with a head tilt, making me stammer. "I didn't m-mean it like t-that.Just like, we could go talk or just be alone or something. Fuck. I'm bad at this, aren't I?" She nods slightly with a tight smile. "I have a girlfriend, we couldn't."

She lets out a laugh through her nostrils and lightly shoves me with a hand to my chest, but the feeling behind it is completely sad. "I get what you're saying. I'll go." My entire being lights up like a little child in a toy store, and I clap my hands together in happiness as we both walk back to my car. Griffin and Watson are still arguing, Jesse completely oblivious as she uses the reflection in the gray paint of my car to reapply her lipstick.

"I don't want to see some stupid action movie that's all ahhh criminals ahhh explosions ahhh big guns! I wanna see something with substance!"

"So you're saying that a movie about catching a fugitive mob boss has no substance?"

"That's exactly what I'm fucking saying," Griffin states, crossing her arms across her chest with a huff. "Are you coming, Micah?"

"Uh...yeah."

"Alright then!" Griffin grabs her bag from the ground and leans into me. "Can we please go before I murder Watson in the school parking lot?"

"Griffin, can Micah take shotgun?" I ask, unlocking the car. Griffin hums her approval and slides into the back, settling into the seat behind me. Watson gives me a look through the rearview mirror that reads sliminess but has a subliminal message. He begins to mouth something to me, but I break out connection as he starts. I don't have the time.

The ride to Saturn is moderately silent, save for the soft hum of the Top 40 radio and the sounds of Watson and Jesse shifting against the leather seats.

"Hey, can you guys, like, not fuck right now?" Griffin screeches, squashed up against the door. Micah turns away from us more, keeping her eyes on the view of outside.

"Guys, please. Last time this happened, I was the one who had to clean up."

"Nah, man, I think the last time anything happened, it was you and your own girlfriend." Micah's body moves slightly, and she lets out a sigh. She's laughing.

"It's just so spacious. Lexuses have to be the perfect cars for coitus."

"Don't ever let that word come out of your mouth again," Griffin growls, making me and Micah laugh.