Chapter Seven

Jake

Wesley turned up for class the following morning. He didn't speak to me and left as soon as the class finished. I was relieved that he was okay but I was pissed at him for keeping his distance from me.

Gerard promised to keep an eye on him while I went on my date so I tried not to think about anything else but Gabe as I showered and dressed for our date. I brushed my teeth, smeared myself with the most expensive cologne that my meagre funds could afford and then stood before the bathroom mirror and proceeded to style my hair. When it stood upright in perfectly aligned, yet stylishly messy spikes I gave myself a happy nod and a smile.

I wasn't gorgeous but I was as good as I could get. I only hoped that Gabe would be pleased by my appearance. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a vain guy, but I wanted to look my best for him. After all, he was the man of my fantasies and dreams.

On my way out of my room I scooped up my keys, phone and wallet and locked up behind myself. I was almost skipping as I made my way to the elevator and pushed the down button. Things were never better for me, all things considered.

When I got to the bar I looked around for Gabe. I was almost thirty minutes early for our date in my eagerness to meet him. But it seemed I was not the only one as I caught sight of his dark hair and broad shoulders sitting at a table in a secluded corner of the bar. I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face at seeing him.

I sidled up to the bar and ordered myself a soda. I wanted to keep all my faculties during this date. And I really didn't want him to see me drunk. I was a babbling mess once I had too much to drink. Although I seemed to be that whenever I was around Gabe too. Maybe I was drunk on him. Oh how poetic of me.

Drink in hand I tried to put a sway in my hips as I walked over to greet him. Oh he was dreamy. Dressed in a baby blue jumper that looked softer than a feather, and dark coloured slacks that clung to his hips and upper thighs. He was gorgeous. "Hi." It came out as more of a sigh than anything.

He smiled, a smile that made his eyes twinkle and his face soften in the most dazzling way. "Hi." His hand engulfed mine. Large and warm and incredibly gentle. He held my hand rather than shake it and looked into my eyes. "Would you like something to drink?" He inquired with one raised eyebrow.

I envied people who could do that. My eyebrows didn't move independent of each other and when I tried I just ended up looking constipated. I'd had a friend when I was twelve who could make his eyebrows dance and we'd all thought he was a legend. It's silly the childish things that stick with you into adulthood.

"I'm good." I raised my glass to let him see that I had a drink already.

He smirked in reply and his eyes dropped to my lips. Only then did I realize how my reply had sounded and I felt my face burn with a blush. "Shall we sit?" He placed a hand at the small of my back to lead me to my seat and I felt a shiver of desire creep up my spine.

If he could make me feel like this with just a look and a small all too brief touch, then how would he make me feel if we were alone and naked and... I cut myself off from those thoughts as I felt a distinct tightening in my crotch. I really didn't want to sit here with an uncomfortable stiffy all night.

"Thank you for agreeing to come. I wasn't sure that you would after the way I spoke to you. I really didn't mean it the way it sounded. I don't think that you're a kid. Yes you're younger than I am, and that worries me for many reasons that I won't bore you with right now, but I am attracted to you." A smile broke out on my face at his admission. He fancied me. Gabe Somersby fancies me. "I just needed time to think. You caught me off guard, my thoughts and emotions were all over the place after my fathers' death and the funeral."