Friend

"There you go." I said as I handed the bag over to the woman. She thanked me and walked away, her child's hand clasping hers. My own hand brushed against the two chocolate bars left in the store. Ever since Willy Wonka broke the news about the golden tickets, they do simply vanished into thin air. How I got hold of these is a wonder.
"Hello?" I was broken out of my thoughts when a man dressed in a trenchcoat, top hat and bright purple gloves walked in. He wore large sunglasses that contrasted to his pale skin, softened only slightly by his chocolaty brown hair. He seemed slightly unnerved as he looked around the little corner shop.
"Hello William, what can I do for you today?" I asked with a bright smile. He and I often talked whenever he came here to get his groceries. We had built a good... friendship and often went to get coffee- if I could afford it. He giggled a hello and began listing a few things. I quickly got hold of them and laid them on the counter.
"Anything else?" I asked once more. He fiddled his hands nervously, head turning as he looked around,
"Erm, yes a- uh- Willy Wonka chocolate bar please." He stuttered, smiling shyly at the end. My smile faltered and I bit the inside of my lip. I had deliberately saved two for Charlie and me, it was his birthday though...
Quickly ducking down, I grabbed the bar and placed it in his bag,
"There you go." I said for the gazzillionth time in my life. He grinned, paid me and left. I didn't tell him he had left too little money as I swiped a few pennies from my exhausted pocket. I placed the needed money for the chocolate bar as well.
'I'll have to change my motto to 'generosity will be the death of me' before long.' I thought to myself as I left the warm shop into the snowy night. I had decided to give William the bar I wanted so Charlie would get his birthday present. The freezing wind snapped at me and I drew my skimpy coat closer to my body for warmth. As I shoved my hands into my pockets, I felt the two chocolate bars in my hand. Two? I whipped them out to see Charlie's bar along with the I had given to William. There was a note stuck to it.
                    Take it as a gift
That was it. I looked around, hoping to catch a glimpse of my... friend. My heart twinged at the thought of William only being my friend.
'Shut up (Y/N)!' I yelled internally at myself. With no sign of William, I lifted the bar to my nose, smelling its sweet scent. Come to think of it, William smelled oh so sugary sweet... oh snap out of it!
I fiddled with the corner, almost unable to resist opening it to just smell it. Then I stopped.
That didn't feel right...
I carefully tore the teensiest, tiniest piece of wrapper off and looked closely. A flash of gold caught my eye.
The last golden ticket to Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. I held it to my heart, taking deep breaths to try and calm myself down. This. Was. Huge.
Not thinking for a moment, I ran all the way home. Bursting through the door, I darted to Mrs. Bucket.
"Where's Charlie?" I almost hissed into her ear.
"Outside, why? Did you not get the chocolate?" She asked worriedly. I breathed a sigh of relief and shook my head,
"No, don't worry." I smiled as I began helping with the measly supper. The door closed; I heard Charlie taking off his boots and shaking the snow from his brown hair.
"Hey (Y/N)." He smiled as I wrapped my arms around his skinny body. He really was such a good kid. I could barely contain myself through dinner; once it was finally over I snatched up the bar.
"Charlie." I said with a mischievous grin. His gaze immediately changed to suspicious excitement.
"There was only one bar in the shop so I had to get you your second favorite." I explained as I brought out the bar from behind my back and trusted it into his hands. He smiled and slowly started to unwrap it. Then, as if he couldn't take it anymore, he tore it off. My smile broadened as the look of utter delight conquered his face.
"Yippee!" Grandpa Joe cried, leaping up from his bed and doing a victory dance. I laughed and joined in, dragging Charlie with me.
"You're going to the factory! You're going to the factory!" I sang.Grandpa Joe stopped,
"Whatever do you mean (Y/N)?" I looked at him, confused.
"Well, you and Charlie are going to the factory of course! Don't you want to go?" I asked.
"Oh yes- I do want to go- but I've seen it before. You haven't!" He exclaimed, pointing a bony finger at me,
"Besides, you deserve it! Now hurry! Wash your face! Comb your hair! Get your best clothes!"
"I'm not going." We all turned to Charlie in surprise.
"Why not?" Asked Grandpa Joe.
"Do you know how much money we can get from this? We could fix the roof, get some good food..." I knelt in front of him and placed my hands on his shoulders.
"Charlie, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You deserve such a blessing. Dont give this up to someone who doesn't." I said. Charlie looked around at us all,
"Alright." He finally agreed. I grinned,
"Well then, let's get some sleep for tomorrow." As we said goodnight and I ushered Charlie to bed, I swear Grandpa Joe winked at me.

Next chapter done! Thank you so much for reading! Will get another done soon, but please comment!