The trek and the invitation

They had a trekking trip early next morning and Bhuvi got a brainstorm when Virat was groaning about him having to go to wake Rohit up again.

"Send Jassi," said Bhuvi.

"Why me?" asked Jassi in alarm.

But Virat was beginning to brighten. "He'll listen to you."

Everyone echoed him and Jassi gave in as always.

He trudged upstairs and entered Rohit's room quietly and touched his shoulder.

"Wake up, Rohit bhaiya!"

Obviously there was no answer. Jassi shook him gently and Rohit finally opened his eyes.

"Jassi?" he said, confused.

"We have to leave for the trekking soon," said Jassi.

"So early?" groaned Rohit.

"Shall I call you again in five minutes?"

Rohit looked at Jassi's earnest face and couldn't bring himself to ignore the kid.

"No, I'm getting up." And Rohit actually sat up.

Jassi was pleasantly surprised.

Everyone slapped Jassi on the back as he and Rohit came down.

"Nice of you to put in an appearance," Jaddu told Rohit.

"Wait a minute," said Rohit. He turned to Jinks. "Aren't we going inside a jungle?"

"Yes."

"We're not taking Jaddu!" said Rohit in horror.

"Oh God, I'd forgotten about that!" said Jinks, slapping his forehead.

"Those cheetahs in South Africa?" said Ash, grinning.

"Of course," said Rohit, rolling his eyes. "He'll get us killed for sure this time. Unfortunate failure on his part last time."

"Ok, you stay here and look after your uncle's house, Jaddu. We'll be back before sundown," said Virat smoothly.

"I can't stay here alone!" protested Jaddu. Then his eyes lit up. "I'll call Phenol, then."

"Yes, you do that," said Yuzi.

As they left the house, Jaddu actually stayed back.

"He's totally nuts," said Ash.

They hadn't walked 2 minutes when Jaddu ran up to them at a breakneck speed.

"Phenol will arrive by tomorrow!"

"Oh," said Bhuvi gravely. "You can come with us now. Can't let you stay alone."

Jaddu threw an arm around Bhuvi as he fell in step with them.

"Our guide, Mr Ambati Rayudu," Virat said, and Jaddu looked at the guide, for a moment wondering if he was the Ambati Rayudu they knew.

Thankfully he wasn't.

"No oversmartness, Jadeja," warned Shikhar.

Jaddu gave them a grinning thumbs up.

___________

They came across an overhanging cliff after some time.

"Wow! We need to take a group photo from the edge!" said Rahul, inspired at once.

"No!" cried Kuldeep.