A Talk of Faith

Unlike the battle plans and strategies they made in the past, Leandre noticed how the mood in the entire How seemed despondent and there has been no sounds of chatter between friends, families or relatives.

This did not suit her well.

Nothing suited her well.

Leandre walked out of the How to see the group that were going to infiltrate the castle already leaving. Lucy stood beside a ruined pillar as she stared at the group with concern evident on her face. Glenstorm stood in front of his mate as they stared into each others eyes for what would might be the last time they see each other.

"Look after them for me" She whispered and he replied by bringing his forehead close to her. Lucy looked at Peter who stared at the two before placing his gaze on Lucy.

You are making a mistake.

Her eyes seem to say before she dashed back inside "Lucy!" Leandre called out softly before she turned her attention to Peter and walked right up beside him "Are you sure this is the best call?" Leandre asked as they both stared into the distance.

"Are you doubting me?" Peter asked, his voice stern and strong, just like he always is when faced with a problem with an unknown outcome "No, I believe in you as much as the rest of the family does however you are thinking as if there is no one else to turn to when the burden you carry becomes too much" Leandre said before licking his hand.

"Take care and watch each other"

***

It was no surprise to Leandre to find Lucy sitting on the cracked Stone Table while holding the vial of the Fire Flowers. Her head was lowered and she seemed to contemplate something "You alright?" Leandre asked as she took a comfortable position in laying down beside Lucy. The young girl shook her head "Do you think Aslan would abandon us like this?" Lucy asked quietly and Leandre was silent for a moment.

"I know he would never do that. He always has a plan and sometimes, he lets others know by giving them hints no matter how vague it always seems."

Leandre replied "You make it sound as if that always happen to you" Leandre gave an unlady-like snort "He always seem to surprise me every day. Who else could keep up with him?" Lucy lightly shoved Leandre "You would" Leandre and Lucy laughed, the sound reverberating on the halls of the How which seemed to ease a few hearts of the Narnians, glad their Queens were at ease.

***

By some time, Leandre woke up to a pungent smell that made her blood run cold. Lucy let out a complained noise when she was jostled awake "Leandre? What's going on?" Lucy asked with a yawn. Leandre nudged her to her feet "I smell blood, a lot of blood" Intermediately, Lucy hopped onto Leandre's back as they charged through and out of the How.

"What happened?!" Lucy asked as she dismounted Leandre who then transformed back into a girl. Her eyes swept over to what was left of the group and couldn't help but sigh with relief when none of her cousins or the Telmaranian Prince perished. However, she frowned when she saw Peter's cold look "Ask him" He said stonily, gesturing to Caspian "Peter" Susan warned, not wanting another fight.

"Me? You could have called it off, there was still time" Caspian argued "No there wasn't thanks to you.If you'd kept to the plan, those soldiers might be alive right now" Peter replied back. Leandre slowly pulled Lucy close to her when the young girl suddenly tense up on the oncoming argument.

"And, if you'd just stayed here like I suggested,they definitely would be!" Caspian said harshly "You called us, remember?!" Peter said in exasperation "My first mistake" Caspian said coldly and almost everyone in the vicinity froze in shock. Susan looked at Caspian with slight betrayal. Although she never got to know that much about the Telmaranian Prince, he could have passed as a potential friend or maybe something more.

Caspian's words seem to anger Peter further and he said "No, Your first mistake was thinking you could leadthese people" Leandre gasped "Peter..." She warned only to be interrupted by Caspian "Hey! I'm not the one who abandoned Narnia" Caspian said "Us leaving was not of our own choice!" Leandre explained.

"Moreover, you invaded Narnia. You have no more right to it than Miraz!" Caspian briskly walked away, not wanting to have another fight but Peter wouldn't let it go "You, him, your father. Narnia's better off without the lot of you" Rage filled him as Caspian screamed as both boys draw their swords, ready to fight each other.

"Stop it!" Edmund screamed when a loud roar accompanied them. The ground shook and although Leandre's roar wasn't as loud and powerful like Aslan, it was still strong enough to make even the deadliest killer get chills all over their bodies.

No one dared to make a sound, even when Edmund lowered an injured Trumpkin and Lucy rushing to her friend's aid. Leandre glared at the both of them "Never have I been so disappointed in both of you. Caspian, I admire your concern for the lives of the Narnians but it would be pointless to lie in wait while Miraz's army grows stronger, we should have thought to go against those who are in full support of Miraz because without their help, Miraz would be defenceless and his city will crumble. Peter, violence was never the first option to go when winning a battle, I thought Aslan taught you that when he confronted the White Witch" Leandre said with strong conviction, it was the total opposite side of the young ever gentle cousin they knew.

Standing before them right now was the Queen of the Wood, Aslan's Mate, Queen of the Beasts and Queen above all High Queens in Narnia.

"What are you all standing around for? TheTelmarines will be here soon enough" Trumpkin's voice brought the others back to their stunned and awed state as they turned their attention to Trumpkin slowly sitting up. Lucy gave him a bright smile of relief as she made a move to stand up "Thank you, dear little friend" Trumpkin said softly.

Leandre gave Trumpkin a small nod before she swiftly went to the safety of the How with Lucy and Susan following her, the latter shaking her head at the two boys.