Chapter 1.

Sang pov.

Everything seemed so peaceful in the castle today, almost to peaceful. Had I not known that Marie and the queen left already to go shop or that my father was away on a business trip I would have been afraid of the silence but because I know all of that, I am able to read and enjoy my book about The Trojan Horse, in my attic space. Honestly, I am thankful that I was placed in this tower by the queen as it gives me a beautiful view of the kingdom and the stairs allow my time to hide my possessions in the attic space that only Karen and I know of. The queen doesn't like to allow for me to practice my hobbies, which is why I consider myself lucky. Because, it is at times like these where no one is home other than the staff and myself that I am able to read and indulge in my hobbies. Today is not one of my lucky days though as my stepmother locked my door from the outside before leaving.

I had just reached the ending of my book when I could hear the familiar sound of heels coming up the stairs. I quickly get up from the floor, dropping my book down beside me in the progress and hurry out of the attic space. I had only just made it out, in time for the jiggling of keys sounded from the other side of the door and soon enough it was thrown open, revealing my stepmother, the queen on the other side. Not saying a word, she steps forward, fury burning in her blue eyes, for a reason once again unknown to me. She grabs my long blonde hair and starts dragging me towards the door.

Over the years I have harvested and collected certain information as how to act when around my stepmother and Marie. One of the things I learned quite quick was never not to speak unless you want things to become worse for yourself. Knowing that I have no other choice but to follow, I do. I follow her down the stairs and as we reach the last few steps of the stairs she grips my hair even tighter and steps slightly more towards the left wall of the staircase before ripping my hair forwards, throwing me of balance which causes me to fall down the last steps of the stairs. As I fall, I reach out my right hand to try and break the fall and somewhat succeed, the pain flairs up from my wrist to my arm but as I roll over on my back and sit up slightly, the pain becomes the least thing on my mind. The woman, who stands in front of me right now reminds me something right out of a nightmare. The weird glint in her eyes, that I have learned over the years to be pure evil, now hold an insane aspect to them as well.

Scared, I slowly starts to crawl backwards trying to out some distance between us and I quickly scramble to get up. Once I have regained my footing, I take another step backwards trying to create more space between us as well as trying to find an easy way to run away from her. However, as I step back, she steps forward while she pulls out a knife from the sheath, that I now notice is attached to her belt. I freeze, only for a second or two, but that was exactly enough time for her to reach me. I try to step back, try to run away but somehow she is faster than me and as she reaches me, she raises the knife to my face letting to lie on my cheek, before slowly sliding it down while keeping enough pressure on it to cause a wound. I try my hardest not to show any emotions, another thing that I have learned throughout the years under her reign. I take a slow shaky breath and once again before I can react or do anything, she has removed the knife from my face, this time only to stab me in the stomach with it. I am unable to keep the pain from showing on my face, and it only seems to bring her more joy as she smiles before leaning in close to my face. As does this, the knife feels as though it is shoved even deeper. She sneers at me, her eyes filled with more hatred than I have even seen before.

"I have had enough of you. You are a waste of shape and a disgrace for the whole royal family. You should be grateful that I am killing you right now but instead letting you go. I will give you exactly 24 hours to get out of this kingdom, if you are not out by then, I will find you again and kill you without a hit of mercy. Do you understand little princess?" Some of her spit lands on my face and as much as I just want to wipe it of, I am at her mercy and can do nothing but nod my head. She nods to herself, but the evil smile returns, sending shivers down my spine.