The girl at the corner shop

I noticed there were very few of these, so I decided to make one. Enjoy and please comment!

"One Willy Wonka chocolate bar please." I looked over the counter to see a young girl holding out some money. I smiled and grabbed one for her, loving how her eyes lit up.
"Thank you!" She calls over her shoulder as she leaves. I sighed as I looked down at the money she gave me. One penny short. Checking to see no one was looking, I slipped a penny from my pocket and pushed it into the till. Generosity would be the death of me. I glanced at the clock, twenty minutes to closing time.
Later
"Hi (Y/N)!" I looked down to see the grinning face of my brother, Charlie Bucket. I smiled as I hugged him,
"How was school Cocoa Pops?" Cocoa Pops. I had invented the nickname when he came home one night with cocoa powder in his hair that just so happened to look like it had had an electric shock that day.
"Oh, it was great!" He looked at me with doe eyes, "Can you tell me more stories about Loompaland tonight?"
"Maybe, it's a bit late." I said, "But I'm sure Grandpa Joe would love to tell you about Willy Wonka's chocolate factory." Grandpa Joe grinned excitedly and Charlie ran over to him. He loved our stories. I turned to Mr. Bucket; who had just come in,
"I got enough money to buy some more water or repair a few planks." I said. His face lit up in delight,
"Actually save it, we can fix the roof if we get a few more planks from the junkyard." I nodded, it was high time we fixed that roof. Charlie and I almost froze on winter nights. Charlie and I listened to stories of Willy Wonka and his factory, ate our measly  supper and went to bed. Despite his protests, I refused to tell him another story.
"But (Y/N)!" He pleaded as we laid in bed.
"No Charlie, it's far too late. How about tomorrow?" He relented, barely. We lay in silence for a while.
"(Y/N)?"
"Hmmm?"
"Can you sing?" I smiled and started singing to him, just like every night.
"Silent night. Holy night
All is calm, all is bright
Round yon virgin mother and child
Holy infant so tender and mild
Sleep in heavenly peace." I paused as I heard his gentle snores over the wind. I leaned my head on my hands as I stared at the moon through the hole in the ceiling, trailing off as sleep overtook me,
"Sleep in heavenly peace."

First chapter done! Please tell me what you think. This is very short as it's my first story, take it or leave it.
I don't own Charlie and the chocolate factory or you.